PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Fear is a disease that eats away at logic and makes man inhuman.
-Marian Anderson
Mourn those who perished and pray for those who are affected. But do not let this attack get the better of us. We've seen after such attacks an assault on the personal freedoms of man. The attacks of 9/11 and the Aurora/Sandy Hook shootings are examples of this. Justice will be served, but we cannot let our anger and fear control us. For if it does, the attackers will have succeeded in doing more damage than any bomb.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I texted my daughter, who lives 2 blocks from Peretti's, just before the cell service shut down. She and brand new bambino were there 15 min prior, but the crowds were too much for the little tyke. Her best friend from yoga had a closer call. Her husband was running and crossed the finish line just 8 min. before the blasts. With so many injured, no doubt they know someone who's being treated. Wifey flew there this am, as previously scheduled, and she just called from BOS. One of the passengers was taken off the plane and the rest of them are in holding till the situation clarifies. We live in exciting times. Here, 24 hrs ago, the most excitement in my life was the sudden move of my fave ETailer to Bethlehem. Now RussO is just a short drive away, very close to several of my fave ffishing streams.
hp

les

Aug 14, 2012
These were people who just finished a marathon and their legs were bombed off. What kind of sick stuff is this? Does someone think it is funny? Just as horrible, in it's own way , as 9/11. I hope the feds put their full resources behind this. And we need to be much more careful about what kind of people we let in the country, much more careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.