PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I haven't done any blending with it, but a guy at my local b&m says it goes really well with aromatics, which surprised me.

I should do some experimenting. It may go well with brown rope, adding a bit of complexity and florality to the rope. I also suspect it would go well with Latakia.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
I tried adding a little chopped cigar leaf to it, nope. A little dark birds eye perhaps? Nope. This one just does it’s own thing.

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
I tried adding a little chopped cigar leaf to it, nope. A little dark birds eye perhaps? Nope. This one just does it’s own thing.
The cigar leaf seems too close in flavor profile to Semois, and the dark birds eye is already a blend which can make balancing difficult. Perhaps contrasting flavors of bright Virginia, stoved red Virginia or cavendish would yield a better result. I think I might order some blending Virginia’s next order and try it out.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe aromatics that are a little too mild and lack a desirable edge. It might add a little oomph to mild English blends.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
If you have bouchons, you might be able to put an aromatic in the pipe before you stuff the bouchons into the top. I never thought of trying to fill that space before.

GCW

Can't Leave
Nov 17, 2019
Seattle
If you have bouchons, you might be able to put an aromatic in the pipe before you stuff the bouchons into the top. I never thought of trying to fill that space before.
Is anyone stateside able to get bouchons? The premise intrigues me but I've had no luck in the procurement.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Is anyone stateside able to get bouchons? The premise intrigues me but I've had no luck in the procurement.
I bought mine in Brussels, sadly.

You could make them by wrapping semois in burley or Maryland, maybe. Essentially, you would make a full length stick with binder, cut it into several bouchons, then wrap the bouchons separately.

This is me in Berlin enjoying a walk with bouchon in a Tanzanian meerschaum.

DSC_0528_2.JPG

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
What's your favorite thing to mix with Semois? I have a bit of La Brumeuse that I'm thinking of adding just a pinch of happy brown bogie to, or maybe Kendal Kentucky.
To sound like a broken record it does weird and wonderful things when lightly added to EGR. Add like perique in one of those blends that is a VAper that taste like VA just a tin bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.