Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
After years of tolerating my hobby, and dabbling alongside me on occasion, my wife has found a blend that she LOVES. Sutliff Black Swan "tastes good, smells good, and doesn't bite." Unfortunately, it is no longer in production. Does anyone know if Sutliff B20 is Black Swan in bulk? Or if it's available under some other name?

Reactions: yanoJL
If you still have the tin, this is what you do...
Just put whatever your favorite is inside the empty tin. If she ever complains about your smoke, you just whip out the tin and tell her that she has already approved of the blend, "what's the matter?" I had my wife pick out a blend at the Briary many many years ago, and I still use that ol' tin to gaslight her. The one my wife liked was Stanwell Melange... Ha ha, like I am only going to smoke a friggin' aromatic around her. Right now the tin is full of Kelly's Coin burley.

It's called Gaslighting, and it works great. puffy

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Just put whatever your favorite is inside the empty tin. If she ever complains about your smoke, you just whip out the tin and tell her that she has already approved of the blend, "what's the matter?" I had my wife pick out a blend at the Briary many many years ago, and I still use that ol' tin to gaslight her. The one my wife liked was Stanwell Melange... Ha ha, like I am only going to smoke a friggin' aromatic around her. Right now the tin is full of Kelly's Coin burley.

The problem is that her constitution is the most delicate I've ever seen. She is super sensitive to foods, drinks, allergens, smells, etc. She would know in a heartbeat, and then accuse me of gaslighting!

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore
The problem is that her constitution is the most delicate I've ever seen. She is super sensitive to foods, drinks, allergens, smells, etc. She would know in a heartbeat, and then accuse me of gaslighting!
That's why you NEVER EVER EVER admit that you are doing it. puffy They have only to believe that THEY are going crazy.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Black Swan-This appealing blend is unique in both appearance and flavor. Glossy all Black Cavendish is formulated to smoke mild and smooth from fire-curing and steam sweating.

Sutliff's 245 ZBC-a blend of Dark-Fired Kentucky tobacco that's been steamed to produce a delightful Cavendish. Topped with flavors of caramel, cream, and vanilla, 245 ZBC is mellow smoke with a delicious aroma.

RookieGuy80

Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
It might be time to go on a 1oz ordering binge. You have a great start, you're looking for an all black cav blend. Poke around SP/ P&C/ wherever and make a list of blends she finds interesting. TR sucks right now, but googling the blend will bring up other reviews.

Reactions: sittingbear

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
It might be time to go on a 1oz ordering binge. You have a great start, you're looking for an all black cav blend. Poke around SP/ P&C/ wherever and make a list of blends she finds interesting. TR sucks right now, but googling the blend will bring up other reviews.
That's exactly what I did yesterday. I ordered six, 1 oz samples of different blends. Sadly, 245 is out of stock.... next time! Thanks, all!

Reactions: kcghost

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
How have you lived so long, cosmic??
Sitting Bear, I am no help with your Sutliff conundrum.
not sure but Missus Cosmic has put several of the bug spray mans kids through college. There are papers about his immunities to all kinds of poisons. ;) Just kidding she seems more hands on then that, like when she snaps the weapon is probably going to be a cast iron skillet.

Reactions: kcghost

PennyStonks

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022

Load that tin full of Black Irish X