Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
@sable
I'll take 45rpm over 33rpm every day.

Many artists opt for 2 12" records at 45rpm over 1 12"record at 33rpm.

If you've got the gear to hear the difference it's there.
Speaking to it's economic viability..you may be right.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well, 78 rpm is way better than 33 or 45, if the laydown technology were the same!
I am very happy with MP3's but maybe I have a tin ear.
And, yes, bitcoin is a real thing, same as tulips were centuries ago. Power be to those who bought low and (will) sell before the crash.

Jun 27, 2016
The Tulip Bubble. China is talking about banning Bitcoin by the end of the month, so things could get interesting for the price and the network, depending on how far that really goes. Really, if you want to realize the value of Bitcoin, look under the hood and adapt the tech elsewhere. I'll bet that Equifax wishes that they had kept everyones info on an encrypted distributed network right about now. :puffpipe:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'll bet that Equifax wishes that they had kept everyones info on an encrypted distributed network right about now. :puffpipe:
They're not the only ones. I wish that the pinheads who run that dump could be dumped into a leaky rowboat in the middle of a typhoon. It's more than they merit.
In many ways, bitcoin is a real as the money in your pocket. Or, for that matter, anything you think you own.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I'm investing in WhopperCoin:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/28/burger-king-russia-cryptocurrency-whoppercoin.html

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Have it your way, then.
Now Whopper is not only burger that people in 90 different countries love – it's an investment tool as well," Ivan Shestov, head of external communications at Burger King Russia said, quoted by Waves.
Investment???? Hardly. At best a speculative tool, and in that way similar to Bitcoin.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The WSJ has been covering BitCoin well over the years, including this story last Tuesday:
2v2uko1mSx3L6Bn.jpg

Jun 27, 2016
I would not be surprised if current USD ends up being "replaced" and backed by its own custom blockchain at some point in the not-too-distant future. :puffpipe:

Jun 27, 2016
Yeah well I laughed about anyone being able to figure out how to buy and sell things on the "World Wide Web". Just to be clear, I am not saying that Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency will replace the USD, merely that USD might be placed on and backed by a custom blockchain.

Status
Not open for further replies.