PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Love it. I am a big fan of Bing Crosby. I even bought a square panel Savinelli in his honor!

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Simply perfection. Thanks for the reminder of a very different period in this Nation's history.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Very nice. A snapshot into the past. Things are so different these days; I really don't think we are better off. I'm not going to go on a rant, but the loss of religion and family has really created a population of entitlement and shallow value.
Not Politically Correct ----> Merry Christmas and may God bless all of my brothers/sisters of the briar. I also pray for the atheists' and wish them a Merry Christmas.
(My great grandmother, a very wise lady, used to say never argue with a fool or an adversary, kill them with kindness and prayer.)
:puffpipe:

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
Things were not always as they seemed, though. Bing Crosby was a big smoker of marihuana in those days; Louis Armstrong turned him on to it in the 1930's, and he smoked it regularly for the rest of his life. He was one of the first big Hollywood celebrities to push for its legalization, but he was told to keep it under wraps because it would destroy his image. So if you ever are fortunate to purchase an estate attributed to Good Ol Bing, be careful before you light up..!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
That is an interesting thing to learn about. Back in the earlier days people could have a private life and details of their activity was kept private and not broadcast like it is today.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Not Politically Correct ----> Merry Christmas and may God bless all of my brothers/sisters of the briar. I also pray for the atheists' and wish them a Merry Christmas.
AND GOD BLESS YOU MY FRIEND! the weez...

Status
Not open for further replies.