PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I can't add to the comments that have already been put forth but good luck. Owning your own house is a great feeling if everything is straight and there are no surprises.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Bit of an update: the house had major issues with the floor vents, seller unwilling to pay for repairs, even after I offered to pay half, so the sell fell through. I have seen over 30 houses this week so I haven't given up. When I find a new one I'll let you guys know. Heck if I actually get a house I might bother to learn how to post a few pictures of it here!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Sorry to hear it wng, but thanks for the update and good luck finding a place to call your own.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Congrats!! Stay away, far far away from the national chain inspectors (yes they are out there). Go with one trusted and also make sure you are there when they do it. Also helps to take a friend/family member who is handy also.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Rothnh, turns out the seller already knew of the issues and the seller's Relator was informed, after negotiations went south I actually threatened litigation and the seller had to pay me back the costs of my inspections.

Aug 14, 2012
I recently bought a house. I used a building inspector who was not recommended by the real estate agents for the reason mentioned above. He approved the house. There have been a few problems. The front stairs collapsed when a heavy delivery was rested on them, and I needed $700 worth of work on the boiler. Otherwise it has been good, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.