PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
I was very excited about this blend and happy when it arrived. But when I lit it up, there was one big issue I had with it...
They need to make bigger tins!!!
My lord. This stuff is MOST excellent. My second bowl of this stuff made me contemplate quitting my job and becoming a Peterson hermit, spending the rest of my life in a hooded cloak dedicating various pipes to discover everything this blend has to offer. I want to have its children. It's delicious in ways an aromatic wishes it could be. The rich, bold flavor was nutty, tea like, rich. I was getting a nic hit without even inhaling, which is rare for me. There is so much depth here. So much to discover. Like a sunken ship. Grab a scuba mask. Dive in.
But seriously, we need bigger tins. Im cellaring the SHIT out of this stuff. Any other fans out there?

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Maaan, Z folding this flake correctly, tamping it ever so slightly, nursing the embers to get it going, sipping it slowly... I loved the ritual, it was so satisfying to get everything right and get such a great reward. This blend is what made everything "click". This blend converted me whole heartedly intoa piper.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I got a tin of it for free with a pipe order on P&C. I cellared it knowing VAs improve with age. Wish I knew how to date the age of the tin though. I haven't found a straight Va or VaPer that I like yet so I wasn't in a rush to crack the tin.

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
I want to have its children. It's delicious in ways an aromatic wishes it could be. The rich, bold flavor was nutty, tea like, rich. I was getting a nic hit without even inhaling, which is rare for me. There is so much depth here. So much to discover. Like a sunken ship. Grab a scuba mask. Dive in.
Great review. You had me laughing as I rushed to add it to my shopping cart on my next order. :D

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Irish Flake is my favorite/go to/all day/any day/any time tobacco. Bullets...welcome to heaven, population Irish Flake. I can't cellar this stuff because i smoke it too often, lol. It tastes just fine to me fresh out of the tin. I do agree that Peterson should start putting out 100g tins like Mac Baren. I don't think they do that for any of their classic line, they are all 50g tins. I am about to leave work and am now fiending for a bowl of it, thanks to y'all!!!! :evil:

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Bullets, hurry up and join me brother, im now knee deep in a 2 flake bowl in my big ol' Radice poker. Damn this stuff is good!!!

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I prefer University Flake. When I smoke Irish Flake it feels like it is missing the topping, so I don't smoke much of it. I do have a few tins in the cellar though.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
spilllproof, You're right. Burley is just gross. Disgusting even. It ages terribly. Better give that jar to me and layinpipe to dispose of properly :D
I've heard about University, but after trying its big brother, I'm afraid it will taste watered down.
Layinpipe, my coworkers just asked me to dinner. No IF right now :( But good company, and good food.Thats a good substitute.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Ah the Irish Flake...
Nothing really equals it. Great flavor that hits all the senses perfectly for me. Tastes so good and buzz creeps up on you and grabs you!
I wish I could buy this stuff in a 1lb bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.