Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I drink so much coffee, I like any tobacco with it really.
For a first smoke of the day I prefer a straight VA, then about 8-9am I'm ready for my VaPer.
But I find a straight VA to be the perfect early morning smoke. Occasionally I'll get a wild hair for a Burley with my coffee, but im pretty set in my habits.

Usually I reach for a Ayelesbury or Wessex flake for my first smoke. If it's a holiday or special day, I'll justify some McCranies first thing. Vauen No 14, 507C and Hogshead also scratch that itch. Season and weather influence my decision to an extent.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
weirdly don't mix them often. But one a few times I have smoked a pipe with coffee and Key Largo went well with coffee. Both seemed to compliment each other. But surprisingly I found EGR to improve the way the coffee tasted. Actually brought out some of the nuances. However found the coffee did not improve the EGR.
Semois is great with coffee too. Mainly for the fact it could wake the dead. And neither really over powered the other in any noticeable way.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
I've smoked a lot of CH with my morning coffee which is always a great combo. Of course SWR/A and Granger are fantastic as well. Really any codgery type burley makes a great pairing with coffee.

Lately I've been starting my morning off with a bowl of D & R Three Sails, a bulk Va shag. It's been pretty darn good too.

John_B

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2023
Of the tobaccos in my humble cellar, Borkum Riff Bronze (Bourbon) goes best. Something about Bourbon and Coffee I guess.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
The canned answer?, FIVE BROTHERS, brother!

But seriously FB, or any of the Tobac Manil "Semois" offerings, pick one, you can't go wrong with the earthy, floral, nutty, pairing of Burley and black coffee

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
As already mentioned KBV BMP. I also like to start the day with coffee and a burley. My other favorite is WCC Deluxe Crumb Cut. I’ll mix in an Uhle Crushed White Burley or Perfection Plug as a one off or I need a stronger nic hit to fight through a hangover

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I start my day with a cappuccino or two, and don't smoke while drinking the caps. For one, drink time is about five minutes, not the hour(s) you can stretch out black coffee. For another I smoke out side, so my first pipe starts when I walk my dog.

• Love

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I've been all about Oriental Silk with coffee the past year or so. As a bulk from C&D it's dry enough to just open the jar and scoop. That might not sound like much, but a tobacco I don't have to think about is a great thing when it's my first cup. And the coffee and Orientals compliment each other better than I've ever found in Carter Hall. Sunday Picnic does the same thing but better in every category except ease of loading and lighting.