PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I was perusing smokingpipes.com when I ran across this pipe.

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/radice/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=104845
If it had a vulcanite stem, I would probably have pulled the trigger. It is the perfect size and I love a good looking Lovat. If this was a Castello it would be classified as an Collection Occhio di Pernice and be in the 600.00 range. If anyone is looking for a fantastic looking Radice, this one is it.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That one or one just like it has been on there for a while. This is a superb piece of Briar.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
roth, you had to say that. lol You are right, I know Dave would do a great job on it. Now I have no excuse except I would be breaking my commitment to support No American carvers and lose focus on my collection. It is so pretty but I don't know, I have 4 commissions in the works as it is, I really don't need to buy another pipe until those come in.
Damn I wish I had never seen that one.

pauljmjr

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
That really is a beauty! I have two Radices, but they were boh a bit less expensive - both around $175. They are by far my best smokers. You can't go wrong with a Radice.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Beautiful grain on that. Still too pricy for me. Oh well, maybe someday... (lol)

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Harris that is a sweet Radice. Very similar to mine which is a fine smoker.

IMG_0078.jpg

I think you should.

Aug 1, 2012
Harris you always find beautiful pipes even if they aren't quite my style. That pipe is one I would have in a second.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Mike, that pic is awesome,when did you get that pipe? I don't remember you showing that one, but then again,my memory sucks.
I really do want this pipe but I am sticking to my focus of supporting our guys. I have owned Radice's in the past and know how great they smoke, but I don't want to have to send it in for a new stem. I think the Italian makers need to start waking up to the fact that there are tons of people like myself who only want vulcanite. If I were to buy this and then send it in for a new stem, it would reinforce their current method of doing business and why should they need to think about using vulcanite. Yeah that's the ticket, I am voting with my wallet to not support people who refuse to use vulcanite. Isn't it amazing how I can rationalize my decisions? lol

Besides, I am looking at three estate pipes a guy is selling. 2 Rad's and a Brian Ruthenberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.