Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Hey all so question, What is the best jar to store tobacco in, I have no idea on sizes either but Im trying to find a jar that will hold a 2oz and a 100g worth of tobacco.

Thanks

Gunnar

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I love the "Bernadin" mason jars, 250ml and 500ml. Can buy 12 for 8$ at Canadian Tire ;-)

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Yes! Walmart and Ball mason jars are the way to go.
At first I bought a few bail-top (hinged lids) jars on sale at Marshall's, Hobby lobby, and places like that, but they are a little too big for a regular 2oz tin, even a 100g...
The mason jars are much better for smaller quantities, although I plan on getting some bulk tobacco, and the bigger jars will be nice.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Glass jars are best. But, I also use large peanut jars. They have a rubber seal in the cap and seal pretty good. I leave the tobacco inside the zip bag it came in when I put it inside the jar. I press the bag to expel any air, I zip it shut while holding it down and then place the baggy in the peanut jar. It also makes a great container to ad moisture as well.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
The jars mentioned by rothnh are great! Here's a previous discussion: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/perfect-tobacco-jars-at-hobby-lobby

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
+10 on the "squat jars": don't stack great but a super for tins and upto a couple three ounces. Eight ounce size is best for longer term storage of 4-5 ounces IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.