PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
Haven't posted in a while but....

Lets hear some opinions on the best Christmas blend. Want to by a few tins to cellar

Reactions: esnowrackley

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Christmas Cheer comes to mind right away. I also have a tin of Holiday Spirit but haven't opened it.
Both McClelland blends, so no longer made.

Christmas Cheer was a Virginia Flake; Holiday Spirit was an aro. CC changed from year to year; not sure about HS.
I quite enjoy CC; I was given a tin of HS, once, and could not smoke it - it was much too sweet for me.
I think you will find that most holiday blends are bulk aros. Boswell has some that people say nice things about. I'm not enough of an aro smoker to try and track them down.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I like Boswell Christmas Cookie and it smokes well inside. Most wife approved tobacco I've encountered.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm holding some McC's Christmas Cheer. I like non-aro's and any sturdy English will do, for me.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
Peterson make a new blend for Christmas every year (with the exception of 2018 for the known issues). They are always aromatics of good quality. I've just bought the 2019 version, but I haven't tried it already (my own tradition is to wait until the day 7 of december, that is close enough to Christmas and, due to the fact that I live near Milan, is a Holiday day (the celebration of S. Ambrogio…)

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I’m a huge fan of tobaccos that are only offered for the Christmas holiday season, especially if they’re available from smaller B&M-type establishments. Most of the dedicated holiday blends are aromatics.

Here are a few I personally find to be outstanding:

Boswell’s Christmas Cookie
Wenceslas from Straus Tobacconists
Peretti’s Yuletide offerings which vary from year to year.
Cornell & Diehl Corn Cob Pipe & a Button Nose

Uhle’s often has a Christmas tobacco - don’t know if they have one this year but the blend from 2011 was unbelievably delicious.

And the sleeper -
Sutliff Christmas Spice

Honorable mention - The Country Squire Figgy Pudding (only had my first bowlful this am & 1st impression was really good...)

M

Marindas

A second vote for The Country Squire Figgy Pudding. I tried it for the first time this weekend and really enjoyed it.

Jun 9, 2018
England
The 4 Peterson holiday blends I've tried have all been very good.
Last years GQ Tobaccos Christmas blend (still available) is amazing and Gawith Hoggarth have a Christmas tobacco out that sounds interesting.

Chris.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I really like W.Ø. Larsen’s Signature blend around the holidays and especially around mixed company, as the room note is heavenly. The taste is nice as well, vanilla, dark fruits and brown sugar are all on display.

Status
Not open for further replies.