PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I have heard other members alternately critique and laud some E-tailers for their care (or lack thereof) in packing and shipping. Perhaps a more consolidated thread on the subject would be beneficial.
I would like to give a shout out to smokingpipes.com. I have placed a half dozen orders with them over the last few months, and their shipping is always impeccable, with great care taken not to have tins rattling together, or cigars crushed.
I will contrast their service with this rather hilarious package I just got from Windy City Cigars. Yes, this is all that was in the box.
P1040911_zpsdaa7312d.jpg
[/url][/img]

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Oh yeah, I should have mentioned 4 Noggins too, they rock. I have received some very poorly packed boxes from Pipes and Cigars, and some that were tolerable. So I would consider them a wildcard. B n B Tobacco has consistently sucked.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Pipes and Cigars is hit or miss, either it's well packed or a nightmare. SPC, 4Noggins and Pipestud have all shown exemplary packaging.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Never had a problem with smokingpipes. Pipes and cigars on the other hand has sent me numerous packages with no protection whatsoever. The worst I would say was when I had a package damaged due to lack of packaging, then the replacements arrived damaged without packaging as well. That replacement, also had zero packaging, but was not damaged.

B

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
BnB Tobacco gets "The Gasface" from me. They've screwed up two orders now when I ordered a flake variety of tobacco. Both C&D tins I was sent the non-flake version when I ordered the flake. They did fix the issue, but it takes a long time. I only really ordered from them to take advantage of the Groupon that was offered.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I have never had problems with packaging for either P&C or smokingpipes.com, although if I want free AND speedy shipping SP is the better option. I have also had totally positive experiences with Iwan Ries, Mars Cigars, Cup o' Joes, and Peretti. Never any damage, and all packed safely.
The only one that took longer than I expected was 4noggins. The first order I placed with them was on a Monday, I placed an order with SP on Thursday and that order got to me two days before the 4Noggins one. I don't really worry too much about shipping time, but it kinda puzzled me. All that said it was well packed and a killer deal, so I had no issues, and continue to order.
And now I'm knocking on wood.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I have never had a problem with a package from 4noggins or from smoking pipes .com. They always pack it in nice and neat, and nothing gets destroyed.

bigjoe

Might Stick Around
Aug 14, 2014
I've ordered from both SmokingPipes and 4Noggins to Canada. Both packed orders well, 4Noggins is a couple of days quicker but watching the tracking on the orders it might just be due to their locations and USPS.

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
Be happy that yours was in a cardboard box. EA Careys sent my five tins of Balkan Sobaranie in a poly shipping bag. No bubble wrap or paper, just tins rattling around in a big ol poly shipping bag. Needless to say, i won't be buying from them again. I've only purchased once from Wind City Cigars and after a week of waiting they email me saying the items I purchased were not in stock. Yea, I won't be buying from them again either.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
4 Noggins are consistently superb and Rich answers any questions or comments very, very quickly. Everything about their service says that they care.
Andy

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
I've never had a problem with P&C. Their stuff is well packed and I usually get it within 2-3 days. 4Noggins has been good to me too.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
4 Noggins are consistently superb and Rich answers any questions or comments very, very quickly. Everything about their service says that they care.
Couldn't agree more.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
I have not shopped anywhere else than smokingpipes.com. even in the small chance they cost a little more. I suck it up due to the fact they are generally cheaper.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
It's funny I saw this today. I got a P&C shipment yesterday. The box was accordian-ed on one side. I usually never have an issue with them and have used them almost exclusively. This is however the second such package that I have received from P&C like this. Getting miffed. Dented H&H tins are cardboard and not durable. I paid $13 extra instead of free shipping this time and it comes trampled and the tape coming off. But like I said twice out of probably 20 shipments.

Status
Not open for further replies.