Bennington Tobacconist, Boca Raton FL (Feature Article)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Three weeks ago, on June 5th, I drove down to Boca Raton FL to be the featured speaker at the club meeting of the Boca Raton Pipe Guild.
To make the most of the trip, I decided to go early and visit Bennington Tobacconist. I hung out with the owner, Jim Bennington for about 3-hours and found the conversation to be quite interesting. Not only did I learn about the history of the store, but he also provided some intriguing information about the evolution of the pipe and tobacco market.
Did you know that although aromatic tobaccos are the biggest selling product segment now, that this wasn't always the case?
I hope you find the Bennington's story as interesting as I did hearing it first hand.
Check it out:

Bennington Tobacconist, Boca Raton FL

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Great article. I've frequented the St. Armand’s Circle location before, but I never knew there was one on the Atlantic Coast.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I've been to the St. Armands location a few times, but not recently. Ironically, that one is only a 1-hour drive, while Boca is a 4-hour drive.
One of the very first articles I published when I launched Cigar-Review.com in 2005 was on the Sarasota location.

Status
Not open for further replies.