PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
Well I think it would hang better Al if you just it off of your belt not the actual belt loop, so it hangs straight down

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Oh yeah, I'm a leather worker now! 10 minutes with an strap from an old purse kit, a hobby knife, punch and some stain, I'm all set. I picked up a pair of aluminum shoulder screws at Lowes. I think Central Farm and Tractor has the studded ball end screws (what are they called??), which would allow for different sizes. But, these work well with my larger pipes. I applied some Fiebings shoe dye, should I do anything else? These are hack, but will work. I laid those tools out there, just so you guys will see that I know what I'm doing......
Pipe_Rest.jpg

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Al,

Welcome to leather working. Thats a go.

Now you are going to go one step futher--- so hang on

for the ride.

Joe

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
the studded ball end screws (what are they called??)
i believe they are called Sam Browne buttons, Al. I'd polish them with some Kiwi neutral polish to give them some protection and a nice "glow".

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
I like the leather works through here I think I'm gonna try to combine them a put snaps to the sides with a cutout so I can use it as a belt holder for the pipe or a stand

prolly wont be pretty but should be functional...if anybody gets to it before me let me know how it turns out

Status
Not open for further replies.