PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
I enjoy a ice cold miller lite or a bottle of yuengling lager with or without the pipe.

scrantonpipes16

Might Stick Around
Nov 28, 2010
I am also a big fan of Belgian wheat beers, and I enjoy Ommegang Hennepin or Witte. They are delicious. They seem to compliment the smoke just, so nicely.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I like all sorts of beers for all sorts of reasons. Very much like pipes and tobacco. I have found though, that Belgian style beers seem to provide that sublime tobacco/beverage combination experience more so than other beers. Beers like Chimay, Corsendonk, Duvel, Leffe and Canada's own Unibroue. These beers are also an outstanding accompaniment to cheeses of all sort.

w1nd0wl1cker

Might Stick Around
Apr 4, 2011
I brew my own, so what I like to drink when smoking is a English Brown Ale or American Cream Ale. Once you start brewing at home, it changes your taste in beer. I can't stand most beers on the shelf now.

But, if I get lazy, I go to the store and pick up some Newcastle.

capnbellamy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2011
Canterbury, England
The UK is a haven for proper beer. If anyone can get hold of it, Moor's Revival is the best hair of the dog/hangover cure. Zaphaus Marzen Export: Eis Zapfle is an excellent german beer, and everyone needs to try Delerium varieties. Brew Dog is a Scottish microbrewery run by punks; insane, excellent beer thats unlike anything else I've really tasted. If you can do so, get it.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Bud or Miller with a cigar. My "beer" of choice with a pipe is Scotch. I'm smoking Billy Bud this afternoon with a rinse of Pinch on the rocks.

docrx

Jan 9, 2011
Red Stripe MON!.....Is there a plural to beer?(beer's) :puffpipe:

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Red Stripe MON!.....Is there a plural to beer?(beer's)
Ditto on the Red Stripe,.....and "Yes", beer can be plural,...but only used when conversing with an officer of the law from behind the wheel of your now "pulled over" car.
"Yessir, I haf bin drinking, but I only had two beers...*hic*"

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
As the weather warms, I find myself leaning towards lighter fair, opting for skunky, green-bottled lagers for the most part (think Stella, Heiniken, Grolsch, Becks, etc). Through the colder months, I tend to lean towards stouts and porters, with Okanagan Springs Porter being the seasonal favourite this year.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Surfmac,.....might I add that each and every single one of the Trappist Ales are incredible! :D
Coincidently, we just had charcoaled ribeyes and I noticed as I retrieved my last Red Stripe...there was nothing left but Trappist Ale!
Around a dozen bottles. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.