PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Hello Gents,
I recently found out I was going to be a dad. I really appreciated the well wishes from the community here. We had our first ultrasound this morning. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. Wife is 12 weeks and 5 days along. We are expecting the baby sometime around July 8th. Everything appears to be great for both mom and baby. I wanted to share the first picture you all.

This is it. The head is on the right side, and a hand is over it. Our next appointment is Jan 29th, and we will learnwhat we are having.
Cheers,

Randy

mtpipe

Lurker
Jan 18, 2012
Congratulations. I am a father of three. There is no greater joy than having a family. My birthday is also July, 8th. LOL

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Enjoy it, and enjoy your pipes now. My son was born in Feb. and this holiday season has been a blast. It really brought back the joy of the season I had lost as I got older.
Congrats again.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
That is awsome congrats! A warning for your next ultrasound (since this is your first go round). Some of the next pic's may look very creepy, almost alien or like skeletal. THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL! Freaked me out the first time. Your going to have so much fun being a dad.

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
I can't wait to be Santa for my kids.
What? You mean to tell me ole Saint Nick is my Dad? But seriously, I've two girls (2 years old and 12 weeks old) and this Christmas was a blast! The wisest advice ever given to me was before my first daughter was born; someone told me to keep a journal of what I did with my spare time. You'll marvel at how your life changes in that regard.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Can see already your going to be a great dad. Believe me it has its challenges but they are by far outweighed by the joy of kids. The challenges for me I guess are a tad bit harder as I am a single full time dad after his mother decided to run off, but it's all good, I get 100% custody, 100% of the joy. He is a smart little bloke, off to kindergarten in 2015 so I guess it will be hard not having him around all the time. But hey, it's part of life and the love kids bring is unconditional by any standard.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
I'm the father of three boys. Life changes for the better when you have kids, looking back it now seems empty before we had them. Congrats!

brokenkrayon

Might Stick Around
Jul 17, 2014
Just had my first on the 21st. I have a stepson from my wife's previous marriage. The new one is a blast. Congrats enjoy every minute.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Thanks for keeping us posted. I enjoyed the ultrasound of my kids but always marveled at hearing their heartbeat. Such an amazing experience. Care to share your thoughts at hearing your kids heartbeat for the first time?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Congratulations! Being a Dad is a truly profound event in a person's life, perhaps the most profound.
I well remember my son's birth. I cut the umbilical cord and he proceeded to piss all over me. Pretty much set the dynamic of our relationship.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Care to share your thoughts at hearing your kids heartbeat for the first time?
I think the heartbeat and the sonogram combined made things more real for us. My wife has been going through some nausea and mood swings, but it wasn't until today that the reality of a small human growing inside of her really was clear. Hearing the heart beat was awesome. It was the first sign of life. I think I had my mouth agape the entire time I was watching my child stretching on the monitor. I'm pretty sure I said "Well, I'll be damned." when, at one point, I saw the full hand with each little finger.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
I remember one of the ultrasounds for our oldest. We had told them we didn't want to know the sex but I thought I caught a glimpse of a third leg (kidding, but I saw something). I asked the technician and she said "I'm not telling because you said you didn't want to know". They gave us a videotape of it and when I got home I paused it and sure enough it was a boy. You're going to have a lot of good memories, our oldest is 17 and it seems like yesterday. Enjoy every minute because it goes fast.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
@sychpipes thanks so much for that. Your sentiments uplifted my day. It is truly such a special time of life and I am very happy for you.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Congrats on your wonderful news. Having a child is the biggest life-changer you'll ever have. I remember us watching that PBS show when my wife got pregnant in November 1984. We even bought the book. It's an amazing experience and a life-long job being a parent. I'm sure you'll do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.