PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Hah just so you aren't alone Marm I'll put my modified mug out there. The beard has been brought back because like many others I forgot just how ugly I am underneath. :lol:

I'll trim it down at some point and likely go back to the good old moustache and goatee. I'm actually looking forward to it since it means I can have a go at a straight razor.
beard.jpg

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I have had my mustache longer than my wife, The beard is usually shaven off in the spring and regrown in the fall, some years it doesn't get mowed off, like this year for instance. The beard makes me look older, But Im old anyway, so what difference does it make.

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I just trimmed down to a goateemo thing, as i thought it was getting in the way of work! Man i am never doing that again, i am already growing the sides back and this time will just take more time to keep it groomed, thats the thing it takes just as much to look after facial hair as it does to shave.

(unless your a countrefied scruff monkey 8O

i am a countrefied scruff monkey :nana:

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I had a full beard for years, but once my hair and I agreed to give up on each other and I started shaving my head, I switched over to a mustache and goatee. I haven't been clean shaven in over 30 years.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Grew a goatee when I turned 50. Wore only a mustache since high school. Since I don't have a preferential pipe shape, I never really gave the combo much thought. I suppose it looks okay, since noone has run screaming from me or shorn me as I slept.

digitalshave

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
Had a beard and mustache until an overzealous barber who was hard of hearing mistook "trim it up" for "take it off" He had over half of it off before I realized what was going on...oh well on the plus side he let's me smoke my pipe in his shop.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I was the envy of my classmates in highschool as I could grow a beard out when I was a wee lad of 16. Having to shave daily does get tiring, but I usually have some form of facial hair going. Typically it's a goatee, jawline beard, or soul patch. During the NHL playoffs however the trimmer only comes out to keep the fur from bothering the underside of my jaw. For the month and a half or two of the NHL playoffs I look like a lumberjack and wear that scruffy full beard proudly.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
Since 2000 I've had a goatee, but within the last couple years I've started growing out a beard for the winter. It really helps when I have to go outside to change a battery in 0 degree weather for about 15-20 minutes. For the really cold months, it's a full beard(I just trim the scragglys on my neck) then when it starts to warm up some, I stylize it a bit(e.g. my pic). Then once the warm months come back around, it's back to a goatee, because slaving over a 2000 degree engine in 100 degree weather is hot enough. I am in the process of growing the full beard back right now....and it itches like a mofo right now. I did shave it all off once, and I went from looking like the 28 year old I was to an 18 year old....I didn't like it, so it promptly came back. Plus it's something to irritate SWMBO, so it's kinda fun in that regards.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
i have my mustache (which i often neglect trimming and allow it to go twain like) and goatee, but i can't grow a beard even though i am almost 40... only shave the cheeks and neck once every week and a half to two weeks. it's slow and thin enough for that.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
usually i have a full beard with shaved cheeks, but kept quite short (number 2 max length).....but i agree that in winter it IS nice to have a thicker beard, certainly prevents your skin getting dry n sore if you are out in the bitter weather for any length of time...

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Had a beard for 30 years. I shaved it off once and my wife looked at my face in shock. She was speechless and then started to dry heave until she had to sit down and told me to grow it back. Apparently I'm homelier without it that with it.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
lawrence, where do you get it?
the col conk stuff is worthless
i did find a store brand that has bees wax in it that works okay.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I have a goatee and mustache and have for over 30 yrs. I also hate to shave and have had a beard at times but will stick with what I have. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.