PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Rubbish. I think 2 posts are 2 too many. Mods? Schill patrol?
Jal---if you think a topical solution "nourishes" your facial hair I invite you to rub peanut butter and jelly all over yourself at meal time for a week and see what happens. Replace follicle with mouth in this analogy if you want positive results. Well, I guess one of the two has a gapping hole for stuffing with food...and spewing pseudo-yoga-science...the other? Yeah...no...it has something sticking out of it prevent ingress of oil's, particularly vegan oils....almost like it's designed to keep stuff out...lol barrier...?

Jan 8, 2013
I think most if not all the beard oils out there right now are pretty much "vegan" anyway. They all use the same or similar ingredients as far as I can tell. I'm actually about to start making my own beard oils, but currently mainly use Baddass Beard Care products.
Now that being said...... I would gladly use beard oil made with bacon grease. Gross? Maybe.... Naaaaah! Bacon's awesome! :mrgreen:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My facial hair sometimes gets peanut butter in it, a favorite of my Lab. Ice cream, barbecue sauce, soup, beer foam, certain human excretions, and other assorted stuff routinely find their way into my chops and mustache. The mustache also gets a coating of anti-freeze wax on particularly cold days so it doesn't break into small shards when bumped by the camera. Chops and stache are healthy and full, so I must be doing something right, even if unintentionally.
"Gus the Dawg" keeps it styled every chance he gets. Combing out "bed beard" is my one daily care routine.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
"Sorta like Vegan beef jerky... "
What about it? I like Shiitake jerky.
Bed beard doesn't always comb out for me, sometimes water is required, especially if I hit the bed face first. Wash it with powdered Neem leaves once or twice a week so I can reload it with fresh stale smoke smell, little oil when it gets wiry.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Vegan jerky is not vegan "beef" jerky. And I imagine shitake jerky is tasty. My point was the same as Anthony's. Sorta ridiculous to shill a beard oil as vegan. I have sent a few folks my recipes for my beard oils and I am pretty sure that would be classified as vegan. But I bet plants screamed as the oils were extracted. :roll:

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I've always found that rubbing Slim Jims on my beard works wonders! The grease from them gives my beard a nice sheen and the piquant bouquet seems to really attract the ladies. And dogs. Best of all, if your beard is nice and full, you can keep a few Slim Jims right in there, concealed, for easy access. :mrgreen:

Jan 8, 2013
I've had a beard since forever have used many brands of beard oil. I'd recommend the stagecoach scent of this beard oil.
-Eric
Don't let my avatar fool you. I wear a full beard these days. I've tried the Bossman Beard gel in the Stagecoach scent. The scent was nice but my beard dandruff and dry skin went to war against my face when I tried it. I then went back to using Bad Ass Beard Oil which I was using before and my face cleared back up. However recently, I began using Mad viking because the two ounce bottle costs about the same as Bad Ass's one ounce bottle, and it's working just as well. That's not to talk down on Bossman, however. I have a buddy that uses it and is quite pleased.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I use one called "Man Code" beard oil. Wife picked it up. I use it about once every week or two. It seems to help keep it from being unruly.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Sorry guys, it was a spammer. I am closing down this one (it is an old one), but I can suggest opening a new thread about the beard oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.