PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Keeps the hair in good condition and keeps your face underneath from being dried out and flaky.

http://www.amishbeardcare.com/product-p/pure.htm

Reactions: crawdad

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
I've always wanted to try some on, but I don't know where to source it in the UK.
I think this belongs to Jay Dagner: https://www.facebook.com/PortlandBeardCompany?fref=ts

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
OK, this thread happened a few months ago and I stated my experience as a beard wearer and I was kind of poo pooed.
I've had a beard since the age of 21, I am now 67. I have never used beard oil, mustache wax, skin oils, fertilizer for beards etc, and I have never experienced dry skin, rashes, or bugs. You guys need to stop playing into the new age idea of metro sexual, new man, type of advertising. Your skin, over time will adjust to the beard. What is worse on your skin is shaving. Even then, you don't need all that fancy, smanzy, smell like a girl oils and creme all those companies will try and sell you.

darthcider

Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Jorge, Amazon is a good source in the UK, but there are lots of other places to buy it.

I make my own, its a lot cheaper.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I use homemade beard oil in my beard as my wife disliked the roughness of my beard. It's reall helped soften the hair and completely removed any itchyness I had due to the dry winters up here. The price of beard oil is ridiculous but making your own is a fraction of the price. Just google "did beard oil" and the recipe will come up on the site "Art of Manliness".

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Frank, it's bone dry in my part of Alaska and my beard is around 5-6" long. It's great that you either don't get dry skin and have naturally luxuriant facial hair but not all of us are so lucky. I never used any beard product until mine got long and then I found the need to do so. So while I agree some may never have need of it, it has helped me out quite a bit in the winters. My advice is to grow your beard and see what transpires and that is not to poo poo anyone's input.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
I've had a beard since the age of 21, I am now 67. I have never used beard oil, mustache wax, skin oils, fertilizer for beards etc, and I have never experienced dry skin, rashes, or bugs.
Yes, but the whole point is to make your beard more manageable so that it'll be easier to comb, brush, etc. By the way, this link might help if you guys mean to make your own beard oil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj0nB_R4IoM

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
daimyo, I meant no offense to those who use beard oil. However, you did post a picture of a Pennzoil container, I'm sure in jest. My comment was no different. It was all in fun.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
You can get some jojoba oil at the pharmacy or health store. It's one of the main ingredients. My beard hair is very coarse, and very sparse on the cheeks, so I only have a goatee and moustache. I do use moustache wax that I buy from a maker on ebay, called Hndlebars (without the first 'a'). It has a light citrus aroma, and is waterproof. I waxed up the stache and went swimming on the Buffalo, and no droopage.
However, I have not shaved my face for about a month, just to see what kind of growth I can get. It's horribly splotchy, like a preteen whelp, or a mangy cur. I will probably shave after the holiday. Knowing my mother, when I visit, she will probly seek me to shave before the rest of the family arrive. HA.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Taylor of Old Bond Street makes some amazing products for facial hair. Been a fan since switching to wet shaving.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
At a minimum beard oil will help you get past the itchy stage as your beard is growing out. Any benefits after that will just depend on your beard and how long you let it grow before finding the length you like. If you just grow a 1/4" beard it really doesn't matter. If you don't want to buy beard oil try some jojoba oil from GNC. It is pure plant seed oil and is good for hair & skin.
Now if I could just stop this Top Hat from making my head itch!
PYm1fae.jpg

Reactions: instymp

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Oh no, no offense taken Frank. I wish I could get by without it, it's just so dang dry here during our winters. Makes for some serious beard dandruff if I don't do something. Beard oil is just better than trying to lotion ones face through a beard!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I couldn't wait to jump into this one to offer a pithy post. But alas, I see that I'm way out of my league with this group. :wink:
So... Adios,
Pipestud

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Definitely a must if you have a beard. I started using and my beard feels great. I used Beardology from a shop on Etsy. After some research they had some of the best prices. I also recommend checking out Dream Beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.