Be Warned Of The Dangers Of Worcestershire Sauce!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Since we're namin' names, don't forget "Sundown", "Race Among the Ruins", "Carefree Highway", and "Cotton Jenny".

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
This is the best title for a thread in years. I wish I had something to contribute.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'm slightly astonished this thread has shown such interest.
For what it's worth, some of my ancestors settled in a place called Thunder Bay in Canada just as the CPR was built so I can't help but wonder if they might have enjoyed an illicit snifter or two.
Another group of ancestors were early pioneer settlers of Utah and as being Mormons I'm not too sure if they were allowed to imbibe.
Warren et al.....I shall do a search for Mr. Lightfoot in the morn.
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My late wife and I ate pasties (sandwiches in pastries) at White Fish Point on Lake Superior at the Edmund Fitzgerald memorial. That song is a classic and stands to commemorate many other similar sunken ships in the perilous Great Lakes, which have heavy and unpredictable weather as rough as any ocean.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I remember this kid in Jr. High school who had a bottle of mouthwash. I asked why he brought it to school. He said to get drunk on and proceeded to take a swig. He got through two thirds of it before he started spewing green foam all over the place. That’s when a teacher noticed and he got hauled off to the nurse.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"That’s when a teacher noticed and he got hauled off to the nurse"
That's when he got his bottom spanked no doubt!
I have read of tales of prisoners (here in the UK) eating/drinking/smoking boot polish to try to get a hit 8O
Regards,
Jay.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Do you keep your L & P sauce in the refrigerator because of the anchovies?
Nope; it lives in the cupboard alongside the soy sauce, Thai fish sauce, rice wine, smoked salt and other cooking essentials. That rice wine is for cooking, Saki for drinking is treated with a bit more respect (and gets drunk).

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"HP sauce and A-1 are also favorites, just not for drinking."
John, have you tried HP pepper sauce? Not pepper as in chilli pepper but pepper as in black pepper?
A bit sweet but worth a try.
Regards,
Jay.

Jan 27, 2020
Oddly, I just made a concoction of Worcestershire, some brine from a jar of pepperoncini and vodka (it’s all I had here) just before finding this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.