Barton 1792 Bottled In Bond In Stock Alert!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They're standard label has large numbers 1792 on it.

They're not a super premium label but make a solid bourbon. The Costco bottle is just a super deal. Their standard label is usually $33/bottle or more.
Does it go woodsy or sweet?

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
It's great when Costco or any big box store picks up a favorite booze, they used to have the only rum I actually liked for about $8 less a bottle than local stores, the only problem is if it becomes too popular smaller distilleries end up making changes to the product to make their delivery quotas and in some cases the changes are to how the product is made, aged, ingredients, and they end up with a different product which is exactly what happened to the rum. It's garbage now.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Sounds like a good deal, though not likely to be seen here. Also, whatever American whiskey we do get is in piffling 70cl bottles.

I bought a bottle of 1792 bourbon back in 2020 and it cost me £36:37 which was rather pricey compared to other brands.

Question: Isn't all bourbon effectively bottled in bond?

1792.jpg

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
I joined a bourbon club, because I wanted to taste and understand bourbon. What I learned after dropping a few grand on liquors was that the more expensive it was, the more it burned. I don't know if it was educating my palate or what, but after a dozen or so small batches and ltd releases, we tried Evan Williams, and it was the smoothest I had, had.
If I were drinking to get drunk, it definitely would be better to stick with the cheaper Bottled in Bond brands. But, drinking for flavors, I will probably stick with wines.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Question: Isn't all bourbon effectively bottled in bond?

No. Bourbon's requirements are pretty much as follows:
  • Made with at least 51% corn in the mash bill
  • Aged in charred new oak barrels
  • Made in the United States
  • Distilled to a maximum of 160 proof (80% ABV)
  • Barreled at a maximum of 125 proof (62.5% ABV)
  • Bottled at a minimum of 80 proof (40% ABV) and a maximum of 150 proof (75% ABV)
  • No flavourings or colourings may be added
The bottled-in-bond designation mandates that brands clear numerous rigorous hurdles. The spirit must be aged for at least four years and bottled at precisely 100 proof (50% ABV). It must be made by one distiller at a single distillery in one season, then aged in a bonded warehouse.