PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
I'll be traveling to Barcelona in a few weeks and wonder if anyone knows of any good tobacconist/pipe shops there. Also, are there any particular pipe tobaccos that might be readily available in Spain that we cannot get in the states worth picking up? Gracias!

Reactions: JOHN72

jaingorenard

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Just so you know, the Pipa club has moved from it's original location on the Plaza Reial, it's now down a rather surprising 'random' street in Gracia. I'm not sure you can just go there for a drink, but the original location has become a cocktail bar.

It really is worth just popping into little tabacs, I picked up interesting stuff when I last went. Dunhill Durbar and Aperitif after they went off the market.

Reactions: brooklynpipeclub

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
Just so you know, the Pipa club has moved from it's original location on the Plaza Reial, it's now down a rather surprising 'random' street in Gracia. I'm not sure you can just go there for a drink, but the original location has become a cocktail bar.

It really is worth just popping into little tabacs, I picked up interesting stuff when I last went. Dunhill Durbar and Aperitif after they went off the market.
Thanks for the tip! I'll stop into as many as I can find.

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
Back from a great trip to Barcelona where I must have popped into 10+ 'tabac' shops in and around the neighborhoods of Gracia and Eixample where I stayed. The aforementioned Estanco Duaso store was a few minutes walk from the apartment I rented for the week and I picked up a tin of Bothy Flake there. They carried a few other SG offerings including FVF, Best Brown, and St James Flake. I also spotted a few Comoy's tins as well as an assortment of Amphora and Borkum Riff pouches. These seem to be the standard stock at most tabac shops if they carried pipe tobacco at all.
The best selection of tinned tobacco that I came across was at Estanc Catedral, directly across from the Catedral de Barcelona. They had a decent assortment of SG tins including FVF, BB, Bob's Chocolate Flake, 1792, Kendal Cream and a few others. They also had a few Peterson and F&T tins along with the expected selection of pouches. I did see a tin of Old Gowrie as well.
There was a weeklong festival happening in Gracia during my visit where I was happy to find pouches of Kentucky Bird in a tabac shop on one of the squares. It's an aromatic blend that includes flower petals. Medium in strength and very subtly sweet with a light floral scent that is less present than the floral notes you'd find in Lakeland blends.
I hope this is helpful.

Reactions: lonestar

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Back from a great trip to Barcelona where I must have popped into 10+ 'tabac' shops in and around the neighborhoods of Gracia and Eixample where I stayed. The aforementioned Estanco Duaso store was a few minutes walk from the apartment I rented for the week and I picked up a tin of Bothy Flake there. They carried a few other SG offerings including FVF, Best Brown, and St James Flake. I also spotted a few Comoy's tins as well as an assortment of Amphora and Borkum Riff pouches. These seem to be the standard stock at most tabac shops if they carried pipe tobacco at all.
The best selection of tinned tobacco that I came across was at Estanc Catedral, directly across from the Catedral de Barcelona. They had a decent assortment of SG tins including FVF, BB, Bob's Chocolate Flake, 1792, Kendal Cream and a few others. They also had a few Peterson and F&T tins along with the expected selection of pouches. I did see a tin of Old Gowrie as well.
There was a weeklong festival happening in Gracia during my visit where I was happy to find pouches of Kentucky Bird in a tabac shop on one of the squares. It's an aromatic blend that includes flower petals. Medium in strength and very subtly sweet with a light floral scent that is less present than the floral notes you'd find in Lakeland blends.
I hope this is helpful.
That sounds great! Any pics to share?

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
Brings back lovely memories. Have some good friends in Gracia and used to go and stay with them a lot. Looks like you had an amazing trip!
Had an amazing time indeed. Barcelona is such a beautiful and charming city. Loved the vibe in Gracia where there was a week long street festival happening during our visit. Caught some great live music there.

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
My wife went today looking for the cigar/pipe shops but because of some sort of public holiday all were closed:mad:
Tomorrow she comes back home and has no time for shopping. Aargh:mad:

• Sad
Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian