PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I keep a spray bottle full of DeNegris Balsamic Vinegar hanging on the grill at all times. I use it as a base coat on salmon, sprinkle on my home-mixed spice concoction, then coat again with DeNegris to hold the spices in place. Fantastic.
DeNegris is sold at Walmart and is by far the least expensive balsamic you can buy at Walmart, and it's perfect for grill work. We do buy pricier balsamics, and they are richer, smoother, etc., good for dipping and salads, but nothing beats being able to hose down a leg of lamb or marinate a steak with this stuff.
973905a4-12ef-4c54-b16a-efd349dcd149_1.fb9e5fcec7cd2362dcf91de2dd821139.jpeg

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I've never thought of balsamic vinegar as expensive, just bought 750ml bottle for 2.50 yesterday. Yes there's much more expensive stuff I've had, but in the end I've grown up on the cheap stuff and fine it very good, but then again I have simple tastes

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
There is a place here in Houston called Vom Faas that sells many types of balsamic. Lots of flavors, blueberry, strawberry, fig/ chili and many more. Like many have said p, it makes great dressings, sauces and so on. I have found mixing the strawberry or blueberry with sprite or plain water and a bit of sugar to make a drink is nice as well.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
As a diabetic, vinegar is a great addition as it helps to keep blood sugar level. A little drizzle of balsamic on vegetables not only tastes great but helps my A1c. I'm very fortunate because there's a shop that has a wide variety of vinegars and olive oils about a ten-minute walk from my apartment. You can sample them before buying. A black cherry balsamic on salmon is amazing.
Russ

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Giuseppe Giusti from Modena Italy. They have been in business since 1605. They age their balsamic in barrels dating back centuries. You can get a balsamic that has aged 25+ years. A visit to factory is worth the trip: see how balsamic is moved from barrel to barrel and to smell the ancient barrels.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I mix basalmic with olive oil- maybe a 1-3 mix...it goes on salads of all types...the killer combination is buffala mozzarella, prosciutto, and tomato with basil, olive oil, and basalmic. A fine Italian wine, and your life is complete...

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Raspberry Balsalmic + Hazelnut Oil on spinach salad or tomato-basil-mozzarella salad.
I also use Raspberry Balsamic + Apple Balsamic + Black Walnut Oil + Sesame Oil + Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a sauce for a very bastardized Tabouleh that I make for my wife.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Well, what an interesting thread. I haven't had breakfast yet, sigh... now to find that chunk of crusty bread I saw in the cabinet. Grin... Good to see Russ chiming in on a thread like this too. 'Blender of all things' :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.