PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Andrew:
Behind DH Nightcap the "new" Balkan Sasieni is my go-to smoke of choice. It smokes well, tastes great, delivers the goods and is oh, so affordable.
Yes I remember you're assessment of it when it went on sale at 4noggins, and I bought ten tins. I think the thing to remember with G.L. Pease is it was the 90's version of Balkan Sasieni, and he stated it was truer to the original blend, comparing blind tests of Balkan Sasieni Vs. Sobranie.
Though not quite the same as the old Sobranie, it

was much truer to the original than the newer Sobranie.
I'm sure the new sobranie isn't the same as the old sobranie either, I'm just stating for 60$ I would purchase 200 grams of 90's era Sasieni over 50 gms of 2013 Balkan Sobranie.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well I guess you guys will find out soon enough what the old stuff tastes like as I sent an unopened 4 oz can of Balkan Sobranie circa 1980 to shaintiques - its the sealed one with the ring pull and it is not for sale but for smoking! In answer to rsuninv I turned it over to David because I would have mixed it with Condor which would be an improvement in my opinion. David will kill me for this one as I know his inbox will be full of requests for 'dime' bags of the stuff. Serving troops get first dibs and then its up to him to distribute it as he sees fit after a few friends have had a sample. I sent down a 2 oz as well so I think everyone should get their fix as I got the stuff in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.