PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
... and I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't of been for that meddling cigrmaster!
:rofl: Love it...
But seriously, thanks for the heads up. I haven't done many trades but am happy that you are keeping us informed.

Aug 14, 2012
Unfortunate. This is as honest and decent a community of like minded people as may be found on the internet. Someone should find a way to rid us of this immoral rascal. (Sounds like a cat I used to know.)

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
A member on this forum got burned recently. I was hoping for a positive update from him as he was supposed to receive his pipe back on Tuesday. He was going to post a warning but I haven't seen it or heard back from him yet. I am really surprised why a Sea Bass or Smokey hasn't taken a guy like this out yet. He will get what he has coming to him eventually. Thanks Harris
As Cap'n Jack would say "The deepest circle of Hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers".

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Thank you Harris. I haven't run into this guy yet, but he'll get what he deserves sooner or later.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Everyone I have talked to on here has been nothing if not nice and helpful. Hopefully this piece of trash doesn't make an appearance and screw anyone over.

-PM

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Solution to this: This will make Kevin Happy.
Use BriarBid.com they have a trade option and the listed pipe shouldn't ship out until the trade comes in from the buyer. Kevin has Provided us the tools to enjoy our hobby safely the least we can do is use them IMO.
**rothnh beat me to it**

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I sent a bunch of samples to a new guy today just to keep the balance of karma positive in the forum
Hey, me too! As I was boxing up the tins -- for a guy I've never met and from whom I'm asking nothing -- I kept asking myself why I was doing this. . . sending tins of stuff I liked to someone I didn't know, simply because he's a fellow pipesmoker.
My answer? Because I had the chance to share stuff I liked with a fellow pipesmoker!
The idea that someone would abuse that kind of relationship in the pipesmoking community simply baffles me. In my experience, it's completely alien.
Bob

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I too am shipping out a tobacco trade from my end today. All I can say is the odds are very much in my favor that I will get my tobacco trade in return. 99.99% of us on this forum to me seem to be a great group of people always willing to lend advice and help to fellow pipers. That .01% should be very wary of messing up our honest and admirable values. :mrgreen:

pipeastronomer

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2012
Boston MA/ Bethlehem NH
After reading all your posts it validates my belief that there is much more good in this world than bad. It's just the bad get all the press.
Thanks for being part of the good willed and meaning people in the world. Makes the bowl that much sweeter.
Cheers and happy puffing!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Guys:

I was the member who nearly lost a nice Tinsky pipe to Kyle Black. He approached me on the Smokers forum with an offer on a trade for a GBD I was looking to add. So, he preyed on my emotion and I didnt do my homework checking this guy out. I sent and he rec'd my pipe and a tin of OGS, my end of the deal. A few weeks went by and no GBD. He promised to send me tracking, which turned out to be a lie. I had recognized the background of a few of the photos he had sent me. When I started to get a queasy feeling, i contacted that vendor (who I've used before). The vendor was kind enough to let me know that Kyle had committed to buy the pipe, but had never made payment. Indeed that pipe is now currently back on auction at Ebay. After I learned of Kyles deception, I continued to speak to him by phone and ask him to return my Tinsky. At that point, I was sure the pipe was lost. He committed to returning it to me twice, and on the second time it was delivered. I did treat him civilly throughout the process and he must at least have a shred of decency.

He used his screen name and L. Francis with a Houston address. Hopefully he does not end up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.