PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
You need to make yourself a smoking chamber within that garage. All you really need are a few well insulated cubic feet and place to hang a lamp.

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
Glad you were not hurt in the fall, but it was funny to picture the falling over with your legs bungee cord wrapped...... and protecting your pipe.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Sorry brother...I couldn't help but chuckle at your unfortunate smoking predicament. Hope the next bowl goes better for you. :puffy:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Chris, sharing that calamity with us is most generous and instructive. A cautionary tale.

I hope you learned from your mistake(s). It seems that all of life is fraught with peril and some of us tend to invent ways to endure.

Humor is one of my favorite remedies. (Reader's Digest: Laughter is the best medicine)

I know we're laughing WITH you and all hope you survive for another try.

Peter Sellers? How about Jim Varney?

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
"She who must be obeyed decreed that I can smoke as long as it is outside or in the garage."
I have the same make and model.....

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hey thanks folks for all the comments. To try and answer some of the questions and comments.
skrapsoftobacco, I have tried the 'safety' approach on her numerous times and her only comment is, "That's why the life insurance policy premium on you is so high", and winks wickedly as she says it.
Jackswiling, the garage is insulated with R20 rated walls.
Are you certain you didn't have a few fingers of single malt before you had the bright idea about wrapping yourself up like Fort Knox?

Hmm, thinking, thinking. Sorry man, my mind is a blank on the single malt. Wait, did I say single malt? :wink:

'

Chasingembers, I hear ya man! I have been married to 'She who must be obeyed' for 44 years now and I'm totally cool with her request that I not smoke in the house. Besides, the small people (AKA grand children) who occasionally show up at Grandma and Papa's house would freak out. I'm sooooooooooooooooo tired of them asking me, "Papa, why are you smoking?" BECAUSE IT GIVES ME A PRECIOUS HOUR ALONE WITHOUT ALL THE RACKET AND NOISE, THAT'S WHY I SMOKE!!!!" kind of answer.
Hey Jim, glad I was able to make you and hopefully the others chuckle. Didn't hurt myself other than my dignity. HA HA HA!
Hey Mike, I'm thinking I will wear my hockey helmet and gear. Should be good to go then. Just as long as no one tells the Feds what happened I should be good. God knows what will happen if the federal government finds out. They will pass mandatory helmet and body armor laws for anyone who wants to smoke. They are already thinking of passing helmet laws for showering.

Humor = laughter = a healthy heart = why I posted this. Actually, I took the fall because I worry about the health of all my fellow forum members and thought if I did this it would contribute to their collective general well being and wellness. (Picture me snorking here several times.)
Lee, I would have been more concerned with you HEARING the umm, appropriate metaphors that issued forth.

Anyway guys that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Wait a minute! Did someone make a comment about single malt?

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Shikano53, glad you survived the experience with no torn rotator cup, knee meniscus issues, or back problems, or other injury. As one who must smoke in the elements I can relate to your dilemma. My luck the electric blanket would have set off a garage fire on top of everything else :)
You might however want to renegotiate the term "man cave" name. :D

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
LOL, one of my firm rules has always been, never tie myself up or allow others to do so even if she is super hot and says "it will be fun, you'll see" hmmmm no I won't!!! Glad you survived!!

Status
Not open for further replies.