Baccy, Bourbon, and Chocolate

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kane

Dec 2, 2014
My usual way to put a cap on the day is to have a whiskey and a pipe, and read or watch a movie while I enjoy these two wonders. Tonight my wife returned from a family visit to the old country (Hamilton, Ontario), and she brought me back a big slab of Lindt Swiss Premium Chocolate from the duty free shop in the Toronto airport.....gorgeous stuff, even though I am not big on the sweets. So tonight, in addition to my usual glass of Maker's Mark on the rocks, and a nice deep bowl of Mac Baren's HH Vintage Syrian, I am munching away on this awesome Swiss chocolate.....what a lovely combo, the chocolate puts a nice touch to the nic/alcohol, plus all three flavors--Vintage S, Makers Mark, and the Lindt....a nice ride! A "Piecemeal Aromatic"smoking experience, par excellence!

misterlowercase

Preferred Member
May 31, 2012
I mostly drink beer, but my boss has been sharing some whiskey with me lately and I actually like it, I used to not care for it at all.
And over the weekend I saw this great documentary which peaked my interest even more!

:

:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbdHLC66XaQ

allan

Preferred Member
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Makers Mark has been my go to drink for quite a few years now, although I do love to experiment with small batch 'bourbons' that come around from time to time.
Chocolate, baccy, and bourbon.
What more could anyone want?
Ok, I can imagine some of the possible upcoming comments. LOL

tbradsim1

Preferred Member
Jan 14, 2012
I think it would be a good combo, a co-worker would make Whiskey Balls for Christmas and Damn they were good and Stout.

johnnyreb

Preferred Member
Aug 21, 2014
I think it would be a good combo, a co-worker would make Whiskey Balls for Christmas and Damn they were good and Stout.
My grandma was a teetotaler her whole life but she liked her bourbon balls at Christmas!

agnosticpipe

Preferred Member
Nov 3, 2013
This all sounds like a good idea to me! Back in the 70s, my first wifes mother used to make the best chocolate chip cookies, that I would enjoy with beer. She thought I was crazy until she went to Vienna to visit her brother, and all they did was eat chocolate with beer and wine. I still like really dark chocolate, usually about 85% coco fat, and will eat it with just about anything. I mostly like smoking latakia tobacco when eating it though.
booker: another Evan Williams fan here, hard to beat for the money! :worship:

planetary

Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
I've been working on a bottle of Four Roses single-barrel lately.
But my favorite whiskey to have with a rich winter pipe is Balvenie 21 Portwood. Bwha!

davidintexas

Preferred Member
Jun 4, 2013
Anybody heard of Black Eagle, a brand of Kentucky Bourbon? It's a small batch bourbon a tad on the sweet side, no honey, and a bottle of 1.75ml is only around $20, at least at the store I get mine at. Pretty tasty too.

4nogginsmike

Preferred Member
Aug 20, 2013
Although I've been told by knowledgeable folk that wine has an all together, and savory, taste when paired, I'm a one substance at a time guy. It makes no sense to me to dilute my tobacco with soda or chocolate. Now I like both things and like them when I'm not smoking, but not together.