PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
LKQ is a bigger issue with mechanical parts (for some people. I don't have any issue with aftermarket). I don't think you'll have any problems here since this is all just body work - sounds like it anyway.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Take it from a highly trained insurance professional (Life and Health- I don't do P&C, but I still have opinions on it...) Make the claim- the real number is $3,000 in damages- your son is covering the $1k deductible. Ask your company what your rate bump will be- if you don't like it, shop the deal on the internet...

May 4, 2015
^ Yep. Agreed except "shopping the deal on the internet."
Shop it with local agents. Leave the direct-sales internet insurance "retailers" for the millennials who don't appreciate the value of a trusted advisor.

May 4, 2015
Zack, as an insurance producer, I'm shocked to see you suggest internet insurance! What would you say to a client if they told you they were purchasing a life policy from an internet quote instead of consulting with you? :wink:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Yup, the ladies at my provider get donuts and fruit personally delivered a few times a year. My insurance is very tailored to my needs. The ladies and my agent constantly monitor my policy, evaluating and looking for less expensive ways of covering my needs. My costs go down more often than not, unless I increase coverage in certain areas. When I call and ask to speak with Art. I speak with Art.
I'm fortunate enough not to require "life" these days.

May 4, 2015
Well - everyone needs life insurance. You could buy a policy for a grandchild, for example, that might guarantee his/her insurability forever. It's a great gift!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Only three kin, including the grandson. They get a decent pile of cash, taxes considered, some property, a trust for the kid's education and, if they tear through that, I'd expect them to kick and scratch as I did. I like to think they are smart enough and tough enough. Time will tell. Hopefully they will invest wisely and still have enough for some frittering.
I do not want them to get lazy or slovenly. They get enough to live well for a bit but, if they handle it wisely from the git go... they can live quite well for life. My death will be my last teaching moment. Their choice.

May 4, 2015
Very generous! Sounds like the only thing missing is life insurance, then!
Not that I can give specific quotes or anything, but depending on age, you could probably get a great starter-type policy for less than the cost of a couple tins of tobacco a month.
Sorry - it's what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.