PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Is anyone aware of an Oz pipe smoking site?
The reason I ask is that when endeavouring to swap blends, nearly all the posts here are for the US, & and that big white place up there to the north. And postage to Oz is just eye-watering!
If someone has a connection, I'd be grateful.

Thank you.
I spent a year in Adelaide back in 2004 on a large IT project. I had heard that pipe tobacco was sparse and expensive, so I loaded up. When I got to Customs in Sydney, the guys asked if I had any tobacco in my bags. I opened it up and their eyes popped out! They asked if I was planning to sell it. I replied in the negative then did the math to show them that it was for a year's worth of personal consumption. They said OK and passed me along.
Was not allowed to smoke at work or in my apartment, but I could go out on the deck and smoke, which I did every morning, evening and night. None of the neighbors complained. I lost my original Sherlock Holmes pipe there, boo-hoo.

A year later I got another 12 mo project in Saint John Canada, where I smoked almost everywhere, except at work. I didn't have to take a lot with me, 'cause I could fly home and back every 2 or 3 weeks.

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
One forum from OZ changed its name couple of years ago.
I have been member for at least 10 years. That forum is mainly cigars but they also discuss about pipe tobacco.