Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
I'll be in Atlanta for work the next two nights and looking to visit a good B&M with a nice selection of tobacco. I've ordered online from The Cigar Merchant in Roswell and they seem to have a decent selection and is only 20min from where I'm staying. Are there other's I should check out?
Thanks.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Puff N Stuff is an excellent choice.

It's too late for the OP now, but for future reference if you've got the time consider driving up to Smitty's Cigar Lounge up in Gainseville - it's about an hour north of the city but definitely worth the drive.
Smittys is the closest B&M to my house and I've grown to love it. It's where my local pipe club meets also.

Reactions: JEdwards

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
Thanks for the suggestions. I made it to Puff N Stuff and picked up a tin. Talking with the clerk he said that the owner may be phasing out of pipe tobacco and focusing only on cigars, but he didn't know what that meant for the current inventory. Never go the chance to get to The Cigar Merchant, ran out to of time.

Reactions: Jwebb90

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the suggestions. I made it to Puff N Stuff and picked up a tin. Talking with the clerk he said that the owner may be phasing out of pipe tobacco and focusing only on cigars, but he didn't know what that meant for the current inventory. Never go the chance to get to The Cigar Merchant, ran out to of time.
He told me the same thing about phasing out the pipe tobacco. They still have a bunch of tins that clearly have some age on them.

It really is a great shop (only a few miles from me) but I have kicked cigars to the curb. Even if I start smoking them again, I have enough to last a loooong time.

JEdwards

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2022
Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Earth

Oh man I hope they don't. Edward's shut down several years ago and I'm not sure how many pipe-friendly brick and mortar stores are left inside/near the perimeter.

REO

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2020
Atlanta
The owner confirmed that are phasing out of pipe tobacco. I went to check out the Esoterica drop but they did not order this year. Too bad as it was a great source for many hard to get tobaccos.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
The owner confirmed that are phasing out of pipe tobacco. I went to check out the Esoterica drop but they did not order this year. Too bad as it was a great source for many hard to get tobaccos.
A few years ago Arango tried to play the pipes for Esoterica game and the owner wasn't having it. I'm not sure he ever got any again after that, not at least as far as I'm aware.

REO

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2020
Atlanta
I bought some Dorchester last year around this time. Too bad he is getting out of the pipe world. Must be a lot of profit in cigars.

Reactions: Jwebb90

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
A few years ago Arango tried to play the pipes for Esoterica game
What is the "the pipes for Esoterica game"?

I love Puff and Stuff so much, and it's amazing to live so close to the shop, but cigars are in the rear view mirror for me. I've got five Tupps filled with cigars yet I grab a pipe every time I want to smoke now. It's just so much more enjoyable.

Reactions: greeneyes

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
What is the "the pipes for Esoterica game"?

I love Puff and Stuff so much, and it's amazing to live so close to the shop, but cigars are in the rear view mirror for me. I've got five Tupps filled with cigars yet I grab a pipe every time I want to smoke now. It's just so much more enjoyable.
Arango attempts to coerce retailers to sell Arango-distribution pipes (like Nording) otherwise they won't receive an allotment of Esoterica. Point blank.

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Arango attempts to coerce retailers to sell Arango-distribution pipes (like Nording) otherwise they won't receive an allotment of Esoterica. Point blank.
Yeah, I bet that's a non-starter for him. He actually prices coronas more or less the same as churchills, said there's really no difference in his wholesale cost between the two, it's only that consumers expect to pay more for a big cigar than a small one. It makes sense but I grew tired of dropping $60 on 4-5 decent cigars every time I went in there.

I just returned from the UK and EVERYONE I saw smoking over there was rolling their own. Someday pipes will make a big comeback. Cigars are just too freaking expensive.