PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippiebrian

Lurker
Jul 1, 2014
When I was into pipe smoking back in the 80's/90's, I was a por man in the Navy raising a daughter and didn't have much money for my hobby. I bought the best pipes I could afford back then, mostly in the 30-40 buck range. There was an Ascorti New Dear bent egg that I always would admire in the shop, but never had the duckets to dump on it.
Well, I'm back to pipe smoking and now, at over 50, I have no family to raise and I have a job that, well, puts me well into the middle class. Guess what I found on SP? An Ascorti New Dear bent egg estate. The one I lusted for as a young man. I hope it smokes as well as I hope! Pictures when it gets here, and I'm going ot keep my eye out for that Ben Wade I wanted back then, too...

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Awesome! Ascorti definitely has an 80s look to my eyes. I used to think they were UGLY, but I've come around on them, now. The rusticated ones (like New Dear) are the best, I think.

hippiebrian

Lurker
Jul 1, 2014
Yes, they have a bit of an 80's look, however the fact that the New Dears are still in their line-up does say something. Maybe it's saying that a lot of pipe smokers, like me, are old? lol

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Congrats! I have several Ascorti pipes and I find them to all be excellent smokers. All estates and, IMHO, one of the best values in the estate market.

Status
Not open for further replies.