Arrgh, PAD of a VERY Different Kind ... Help Please ...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
18 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
11 Fresh IMP Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Well, what can I say ... I have always admitted to suffering "excessive compulsive" disorder, among many others, but this time I've really gone and done it!
I was struck by an evil PAD attack and spent 48 hours searching high & low for my "chosen one" ... I set out on Saturday and took 10 hours on an interstate road trip that should've only taken me 2.5, but the dang Jeep went nutso and overheated repeatedly during horrific storms, and an accident kept me in 2nd gear for over 100kms. After all that, my "chosen one" ended up being completely, totally and utterly wrong, a disaster in fact. So wasted trip, $70 in gas and $38 in coolant (coz I took the radiator cap off & had a massive geyser) and many blue, green and yellow pills to regain my sanity & composure.
Not to be deterred, I continued scouring every possible avenue and, voila, up popped "THE ONE AND ONLY" on Sunday. Arragements were secretly made (so He Who Must NOT Be Obeyed - my long-suffering Ex would be unawares) for the kind and generous owner to drive halfway (2 hours) to meet me at Ettamogah Pub (google it, it's hilarious and an Aussie icon). Yes, I foolishly took the Jeep & was stuck in a duel truck crash accident traffic jam for 2 hours in unbearable heat with no air-cond & the heater blasting on my feet to keep engine cool, gaaarrrgh.
Love at first sight, I handed over the $'s and made the epic trip home. That's not the end of it though .... awoke yesterday morning only to realise this horrible PAD has risen up inside me AGAIN, and I wanted another ... OMG you should've heard the self-talk, it was enough to make a wharfie blush. My "good voice" couldn't crush the "bad voice" no matter how I tried to resist ... rang the chap, informed him I was "on my way, be there in an hour" and off I set, returning with yes another prize to soothe my gnawing PAD.
Spent the rest of the day in a cold sweat of feined terror awaiting HWM NOT BO's homecoming (you see he lives in an adjoining apartment), all the while flourishing his Amex at anyone who'd take it, buying every accessory I could lay my hands on, despite the fact I'd been doing that for 3 days already.
I'd planned my retort - once he commenced his over the top second hissy fit, the first only bordering on hysterical, I was simply going to say, "Oh put your big girl panties on & deal with it bucko, I gave you 2 days to come to terms with the first one, and this now completes the "pair", what's for dinner?"
So, without further ado, the results of this heinous PAD attack that is now sated, well maybe, there could be another just around the corner ....
Now, I really need your help guys & gals, they remain nameless, and I'm hoping you'll all load up a bowl, go into deep reflection and see if you can come up with a complimentary pair of names for this exquisite pair, bearing in mind they are Chihuauas ...
First Puppy Aquisition Disorder: I'm guessing the fact that I already have 2 x English Mastiff/Ridgeback Cross teens didn't help HWM NOT BO's frame of mind much ....
pupc.jpg

Second Puppy Aquisition Disorder. No, that is not me holding her:
chis23feb2012031.jpg

fishineric

Lurker
Feb 5, 2012
Resist the temptation to jinx them with "paired" names. When I was a small child we got 2 kittens. After Jelly got smeared on the highway, I was stuck for 14 years with a cat named Peanut Butter. Friends of the family had a similar incicdent. After James was tragically lost, they for years just had a dog named Bartles. Let them live happy and healthy with their own names.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
LOL Ace, I'm at the point where I could take to the Jeep with a pickaxe - even the Dealership can't figure out what's wrong with the bitch of a thing.
I see what you mean fishineric, and that would apply to most "pair" names. I've had suggestions of "Cheech & Chong" and "Taco & Belle", heaven forbid!! But things like Coco & Chanel work ok.
I had my heart sort of set on Chiko or Oliver aka Ollie for him but am at a loss for her.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
The first puppy reminds me of

Falkor from "The Never Ending Story"

untitled.jpg

Everytime I bring up this film noone around me knows what the hell I'm talking about. Hopefully I'm in good company here lol.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
LMAO Weezell, I love it, but somehow can't see me down at the off leash park calling those names out.
Hmm where's Cyndi, might need the input of a woman here methinks.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I have named two bitches Lucy . Both were wonderfull dogs . I still sometimes call for the last one a German Shepard when I let Mirrisa the Jack Russell in from outside . I also like the name Sugar as female dogs are often so sweet and loveable . As a side note I do not like male dogs they always seem sneaky and often have a hidden mean streak . So I can not help you there . 8)

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Love the black pup... But can't help you control it.. It's rampant with my daughters. Let me know if you find a cure ;-)

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
What are little boys made of?

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails

That's what little boys are made of!"

What are little girls made of?

"Sugar and spice and all things nice

That's what little girls are made of!"

When I was a teacher I had pet rats named Sugar and Spice.

They were both girls of course.

Maybe you could name the boy Snips or Snails.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I could just see a woman in the park yelling "YOU GOTTA BE SHITTIN' ME!" after a couple of dogs! :rofl:
I think I've said that at least once to every dog I've had. My granddad named all of his female dogs "Lady" and all the males "Fritz". Made it easy to remember anyway.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
with a cat named Peanut Butter.
My mother-n-law had a cat named Peanut Butter. Fattest damn cat I've ever seen.
Rumpole for the boy and Mimsy for the girl. No real reason for these names. Just the first ones that came to me.
-Jason

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Aussielass I'm still attempting to decipher your post.
What breed are they?
If they're part English Mastiff like I think you're saying they are, then name them something to suit the size they'll be in a year, BIG

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
LMAO, Nooooooo Zanthal ... I already had 2 x 2 year old Mastiff/Ridgebacks (used to be inside dogs until they ate every bit 'o furniture I had, including my leather Chesterfield) so they were relegated to "outside" dogs.
Soooooo, I got PAD (Puppy Acquisition Disorder) and went out & bought 2 x Chihuahua pups 2 days apart. So, I'm looking for leetle people's names :)
As a side note I do not like male dogs they always seem sneaky and often have a hidden mean streak.
Bites tongue until it bleeds to save myself from saying something that would go down here like a lead balloon, giggles.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Yeah I didn't think they looked like mastiff's.
They're all kinds of cute.
Ah ... Tater tot? Half pint? Underfoot?
Do they tremble? you could name them something "tremorish"
Or you could name them something OPPOSITE, something ferocious or particularly intimidating.
that's all I've got
Falcor is a good one though, I must admit.

logandow

Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
Have you considered anything like these? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Germanic_deities

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
You could go Chelsea Morning for the lass and Abingdon for the fella maybe? Sorry, I'm on a Pease kick recently!

Status
Not open for further replies.