PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunplume

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
just finished a bowl of villiger mid day and must say a very pleasant smoke. the sampler also came with early day which im a little skeptical of. Haven't tried anything but aromatics so far and not sure if its too soon to dive into english blends. I will anyway of coarse just hope it tastes better than it smells.

Jul 12, 2011
Good rule Unc, same as mine; like what ya smoke, smoke what ya like ;-)
Some might never cross from Aros to English (that ok more for us),

but for me, crossed over from Cigars after 15+ years, so English is perfect

for me...now I also like a nice sweet aro from time to time/when mood fits

or perhaps a nice V, VaPer or Burley. I feel that there are so many great

Blends out there that it is my duty as part of the clan to try and smoke them ALL :)

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i smoke dunhill early morning and love it. i know pipe smoking is personal but i would highly recommend it

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Latakia is a strange beast; when I first encountered her, I was horrified. The smell was unpleasant, and the flavour...well, my taste-buds were in shock. I wondered what I had gotten myself into as I set my bowl aside, reaching for my trusty aromatic blends.
But that night, the stinky-lady called to me. And no, I'm not talking about my wife - she smells lovely, thank you. As I lay in bed that evening, I began to crave the rich, leathery smokiness; full of flavours like peat, cedar, camphor, and even burning rubber...but somehow, in a wonderful way. From that moment on, I was sold; my short-list contains blends like Ten Russians, Westminister, and Nightcap - the more Latakia the better.

And thats just Cypriot. Syrian will open a whole new world of incense like subtleties, intertwining with the delicate Oriental leaf and sweet Virginia's that often mark such blends.
I say crack away; but smoke a couple of bowls before you turn up your nose. Like many of the finer things in life (strong cheese, good wine, single malt scotch, raw oysters, etc.), one rarely appreciates the bold flavours the first time around.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Do it, and don't look back! I figure if you're gonna smoke, you might as well smoke! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.