PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I buy my tobacco from Rich at 4noggins or Smokingpipes in bulk form, but some of the Sutliff's don't come in bulk.
Trout Stream

Lord Methley

Lane 1Q

Sutliff's Molto Dolce (needs to dry alittle before smoking)

Sutliff's Summer Evening

Altadis Caribbean Nights
These are all mild and smooth with great room note.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I admire all you guys that smoke aromatics. I have tried several over the years but it just doesn't do anything for me. Unless it has the nicotine delivery of a brick through a plate glass window I am always left unsatisfied. That being said I did smoke a tin of McBaren Plum Pudding once and that was quite interesting and I would certainly say give that a try. Sadly I am very much a creature of habit these days.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I really like sutliffs mans best friend blend, and grey havens by mcclelland. These differ for my because I can actually taste the tobacco first and for most, with the topping or flavoring or whatever it's called as a bonus that works well to enhance the flavor of the tobacco itself instead of the flavor being the focus of the tobacco. Most Aros I smoke when I'm in mixed company and I know some don't like the room notes of a lot of straight tobaccos. Some of them just taste like sugary goo but they give me my nic hit when I'm out and about...

plumbersdope

Lurker
Mar 10, 2013
I am not an aro smoker but one I do enjoy is C&D Founding Fathers. For me it needs too be smoked in a large bowl and slowly. Its also a crowd pleaser so I usually smoke at social events that non-smokers maybe attending.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Honestly, I really like 1Q for an aro. It's light but sweet and smokes well. Lane Limited's Black Raspberry isn't bad, and 4noggins Three Blind Moose is up there for me too. My experience is limited, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Happy smokes to you :)

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The Cube not too sweet and comes in three flavors ,Petersons Sunset Breeze, Luxury blend , Solani Festival and X Sweet Mystery and Sillems Black ,Red , Green, Blue and Copenhagen .Not too sweet not too goopy and high quality tobacco .The Black reeks to high heaven but it oh so good .

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Thanks for all of the excellent suggestions, everyone! I've got some serious smoking to do, heh. I'll look into these tobaccos.
I've been smoking some Classic Burley Kake, and while not as aromatic-like as my 1Q, it is mighty fine stuff with a little bit of flavoring that I pick up on.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Seconding Pylorns' recommendation of Russ's monthly blend, Cherry Cordial
I tried to find a cherry blend I could smoke. Had only tried two, hated them, and had written them off. It's a hat tip to my father-in-law, a psychologist/hippie "character," who imprinted cherry pipe tobacco heavily upon my wife's childhood concept of what a loving, nurturing, manly, warm ... yadda yadda ... should be. It's for her, but I have to smoke it, you know. I had about given up, figuring I might just smoke whatever I liked but put a cherry-scented car freshener in front of her while I did it.
-- Until I tried Cherry Cordial. I can smoke Cherry Cordial just fine. It's pipe tobacco. No hint of cherry-scented car freshener. Very nice. I didn't tell her I had it or was going to light it, but even during the char light, her head spun around and she said, "Oh, now *that* I like!"
(And thanks,too, for posting your request, because now I'm going to steal some of those suggestions for myself!)

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
My 2 cents:
Trout Stream

Lane BCA

MacBaren Plumcake

Brigadier Black Bull Run

MacClelland Holiday Spirit

Peretti's Ebony

lockdown199

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 28, 2013
Peterson Summertime 2013 it's limited but you can still find it. Rum and mango, this is my favorite aromatic and hopefully Peterson will be putting out another good batch this year.

yabo71

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
You may like Middleton's Cherry Blend. Good Virginia base with a slight cherry hint and it's easy on the wallet. Another good one from Middleton is Kentucky Club Mild . My favorite is C&D's Autumn Evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.