Are there any cigars that come close to the taste of pipe tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelman

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2012
TopD....PM me your address and I'll send you one of these new Durango smokes when I get them next week. Maybe the two worlds can meet???? We'll see.....

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
Erik Nording and Rocky Patel collaborated on a cigar I believe were called "Nording's" I don't know if they are still around or how they tasted. My B+M carries a flavored cigar as well that mimics pipe tobacco.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Since this post, I have been "experimenting"! I have been rolling my own true pipe tobacco in ryo rice paper wrappers. I have been smoking a bit of Frog Morton on the Town this way, as well as a few aros.
I have to say, it have been a pleasant diversion. I have found it to be a pipe tobacco smoking option that has several applications in my life, not as a replacement to pipe smoking, but an additional tool for enjoying good pipe tobacco.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
"It is easier to enjoy good tobacco without a pipe than it is to enjoy a good pipe without tobacco" Kennerth :clap:

Aug 14, 2012
The other way around. There is, or was, a tobacco that tastes like cigars. Vuelta Abajo, "down in the valley" by Lane Ltd was made from cigar tobacco. It was very strong. I say was, though I have not looked for it, because it is a Cuban tobacco.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
How about one of the Morgan Briar Cigars? It can taste like the pipe tobacco of your choice!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nePTiVO0VBE

Status
Not open for further replies.