PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I LIVE for those special pipe moments! Whatever the criteria! And when they happen, it is a bliss indescribable to the uninitiated. After a mild dental lecture about the tobacco stains on the back of my teeth (like who da hell is gonna see 'em?!!), my dentist seemed to then sincerely ask "what I got out of such a questionable habit". I tried to explain, but words fell short... maybe because of the vacuum cleaner and half a hardware store in my mouth. But he could see the wistfulness in my eyes, and I like to believe that I planted a seed of maybe "try it, you'll like it", dental lectures not withstanding.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The worst part of smoking a pipe is the looks of concern from medical professionals. Also unpleasant are the words from those who believe that you must not be educated enough to understand that it's bad for you for surely if you did understand, you'd most certainly never smoke. The forwarding of articles concerning smoke ranks right up there as well.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Also unpleasant are the words from those who believe that you must not be educated enough to understand that it's bad for you for surely if you did understand, you'd most certainly never smoke.
I detest that one. "Surely you can't say or do x or y and be educated... you are just a poor, ignorant, uncultured, simple, stupid lost lamb."
It's their way of going into denial about the benefits or truth of what you say or do.

Status
Not open for further replies.