Anyone Try Tobacco Flavor Drops Or Spray?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
I was looking online and I saw a tobacco flavoring add called Tasty Puffs. Anyone tried this? It looks like the stuff I used in my e-cig but it says its for any cigar or pipe tobacco. Thank you in advance for your replies.
Marine33------Richard.

smokingstatue

Lurker
Jun 18, 2014
I looked up the name and it is an interesting concept, not one I would like to try anytime soon but it is different. I can't see it being very good at lest on my end because I smoke pipes/cigars for the taste(dark, coffee, nut,) so adding blueberry or something just doesn't seem good to me. If you do try it ide love to know how it works out

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Well I will admit that back in the day I have used them before. It sure wasn't for tobacco though!! :rofl:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I don't know what you read, but it obviously isn't intended for flavoring cigar or pipe tobacco! Then again, why on earth would you?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
If you're looking to add a topping to your tobacco, look no further than food-grade flavors. C&D's Captain Bob blends are made in this fashion, in fact, captainbob tops the tobaccos for himself. You might want to try asking him in THIS THREAD. It looks like he will answer any questions you may have there.
-Jason

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Thank you lordnoble and phil67 this is pic of their add. I was thrown for a loop too. Thanks again all!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It was Russ Ouellette who said:
My angle on the overall pipe smoking market is much broader than most of the hobbyists, because we sell to the masses. So when one of the folks who stopped by our tables asked me a simple question, I got a real picture of what the enthusiasts think of pipe smoking versus the entire market.
What he asked me was - “So, what percentage of pipe smokers smoke aromatics? 30 to 50 percent?” I told him that according to our sales figures, it’s more like 90 to 95 percent, he looked shocked. I mean, jaw-droppingly, eye-poppingly stunned.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
For the record, Russ O. explains what the difference between casing and topping is in this ARTICLE.
Just so we are all talking about the same thing here, of course...
-Jason

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'm aware of the products you're referring to, and they're marketed for use on "non-tobacco smoking products". Presumably to mask the odor or flavor. I wouldn't put any on tobacco. They're probably highly concentrated, and unless they're using alcohol as a carrier base, it will take a long time to dry down to a smokeable level.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.