PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Site sponsor Smokers Haven got in stock yesterday 7 varieties of Drew Estate Tobacco. They have discounted prices at this time.
www.smokershaven.com
I hope this is helpful to members. I am not affiliated with this company.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Just FYI pipesandcigars.com is doing a buy 2, get 1 free on these through Black Friday. I was thinking about giving them a try. Any further recommendations or reviews now they've been out for a while?

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
My Nephew swears by the Meat Pie. I just had some of the Heirloom Cherry, it is OK, not sure I'd get it again. On the plus side of the Cherry, it didn't really need any drying time out of the tin. I loaded and smoked the entire bowl with one light.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
As they are buy 2 get 1 free at P&C I will be picking some up. I mean if worse comes to worse I'll just throw them in a frankenblend.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I ended up getting Harvest on the Hudson awhile back. I havent tried it personally but that is mostly because my wife snarles possessively whenever I reach for the jar soooo... If you are a Apple Cider/aro kind of guy you might like it. Aros are 98% of what my wife smokes and she loves it.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
I just got on P&C tonight and they $8.50 any three tins of DE pipe tobacco, that's $5.60 a tin...nice. Oops I missed this has been posted 100 times.

rudybaker

Lurker
Dec 4, 2013
I've tried them all and they are pretty subtle to me. The cut and humidity levels remind me of Stanwell Melange or vanilla. I believe these are blended in the EU. The Meat Pie is a nice English blend, not a latakia bomb, but just enough. There is an 8th blend that got held up (was going to be called "Gilded Age") due to the name being similar to a cigar by La Gloria Cubana. It is supposed to be released at a later date. They all seem to be good blends, especially for the price points. The sweeter blends (7th Ave Blonde eg.) as said above, are sweet, but they still aren't goopy. I'm not normally an aromatic smoker, but I will likely buy more of each from time to time as a change of pace, or as a significant other compromise.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
I got the heirloom cherry, Central Park stroll and the toasted black cavendish from the P&C deal, and I'll say all three are decent aromatic blends - good moisture level out of the tin, and all three have a distinct "liqueur" note to them. Not goopy, but they do tend to get a little "ashy" toward the bottom third of the bowl. Of the three, I favor the Central Park stroll - the flavored came through well, with a nice chocolatety-fruity room note and flavor.

starcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2013
Meat Pie makes about as much sense as nougat. Possibly some others are seeing what has been mentioned about naming and marketing ideas that have arisen in this

" Age " we are in.

rudybaker

Lurker
Dec 4, 2013
Meat Pie makes about as much sense as nougat. Possibly some others are seeing what has been mentioned about naming and marketing ideas that have arisen in this

" Age " we are in.
I believe the name was merely to indicate an English blend. Meat Pie is an English dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.