Anyone have a Problem Signing into Tobaccocellar.com ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
When I try to sign in from my home network i'm faced with the screen saying this:

Access Denied​

Malicious IP address detected
Your IP address and/or network has been identified as a spam or bot attack source. Access to this website is denied.

Please speak to your network administrator about these difficulties. Have a nice day.

I haven't had this problem with any other website.

Apple did warn me that the website tobaccocellar.com had been part of a data breach and that I should change my password, which I did. I can sign in fine using my cell phone just not with my home network. Like I said, this is the only site I've had problems with.

I did notice that in the search bar at the top of the screen where it's got the address "tobaccocellar.com", just before it it says "not secure".

I've run anti-virus software and that says my networks fine.

Anyone else had this problem or knows what might be going on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 9, 2018
England
Been that way for a number of weeks now. Guess I'll just have to redo my whole cellar.
Yeah, I put a lot if time and effort into that site. Like I said, I can still sign in using my cellphone but I prefer to use my tablet and I can't anymore.

Do you get the same "Malicious IP address detected" when you try to sign in?

Jun 9, 2018
England
Kaspersky won't even let me into the site straight away. It gives me a warning window first.
Weird isn't it? I wonder what's gone wrong? It's annoying about the site but I was more worried about the screen telling me "Your IP address and/or network has been identified as a spam or bot attack source".

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Weird isn't it? I wonder what's gone wrong? It's annoying about the site but I was more worried about the screen telling me "Your IP address and/or network has been identified as a spam or bot attack source".
Try unplugging your modem for 15 seconds and reboot. Unless you are on a fixed IP, that may clear it.

Either way, this demonstrates the dangers of trusting your work to some guy on the interwebs.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Try unplugging your modem for 15 seconds and reboot. Unless you are on a fixed IP, that may clear it.

Either way, this demonstrates the dangers of trusting your work to some guy on the interwebs.
Thanks, i'll give that a try later on.

Yeah, these sites are all well and good until they disappear or go wrong.
I think I'll go old school and just buy a ledger and write it down.

Jun 9, 2018
England
They have had a lot of issues the last couple of months.
So it seems. The thing that bothered me most was the warning that I had a malicious IP address. I'm definitely gonna go through my cellar and actually write down on paper what's in there. These tobacco cellar sites are all well good until something goes wrong. I also use thepipetool.com as well but you can't beat an old fashioned hard copy.

I did start doing that but I let it slide and I've added quite a bit since then. I'll keep it simple by just writing down the maker, blend, weight, date bought and price.