Anyone has any experience with meerschaumpipemaster.com?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
The price seems very reasonable (actually relatively cheap comparing to other famous meer pipe).

I am attracted by its art work and price (the eagle claw).

Planning to get one. But before that, anyone has ever heard about it or has bought one already?
The one I am interested in (IEC 26):

http://www.meerschaumpipemaster.com/meerschaum/Eagle_claw_meerschaum_2.htm
For that price ($89 + shipping), I cant find a nicer one... just don't know the quality...

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
No experience with them, but the pics look good. I would email them; if a real person answered and not an automated reply I would give them a try at those prices.
For some reason I really like IEC40.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
Wow those are some nice looking meer pipes for the money.I have no experience with them but I have bought from meerschaummarket.com and they have some good prices and a huge selection.The customer service was also good just thought I would let you know.

mtpipe

Lurker
Jan 18, 2012
I purchased this beauty from him. It takes about 4 weeks for delivery, that's the only issue (for impatient guys like me).
EagleMeer.jpg

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
You can cut that down to a week if you ask him to send it Expedite shipping with NEX. When it hits the states it's turned over to UPS and delivered to your door. A little extra but great if your not good at waiting.
(I know it sounds funny, but say it/type it like that. "Expedite shipping with NEX"). The Turks will know exactly what you want then.

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
I have tried contacting him.
It seems that some of the pipes on the web site may be sold (indeed the one I want is sold...)

and it needs some time for him to make that (I guess that what happen to the "4 weeks shipping" mtpipe mentioned).

And he said you can have some customization for the pipe too (I requested changing the stem to a different one).
Anyway, I am seriously thinking about getting one from him.

Will post a review here right after my first smoke if I really make the purchase.
BTW, can mtpipe please tell me is that a push-pull joint or a screw joint?

Also, is the quality of the meer good?

Thanks
To:eek:hiopuffer

I have checked that site before. The pipes there are nice.. but the price is too high for me....

mtpipe

Lurker
Jan 18, 2012
It's push-pull. I always screw it in clockwise on meers. The quality is excellent for a $100 pipe. It's a nice chunk of meerschaum. I recommend this pipe maker to anyone.

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
Thanks mtpipe.
99% I am going to get one.

Just waiting for him to reply my last email about what if I get a bad one.

As I know, meer pipe may crack after a few smoke if the meer is defective (sometimes this is no one's fault, just bad luck).

As I am a very unlucky person, I am really afraid of that (lol?).

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
Don't know if anyone still checking this post...But still I will keep update it.
Got the reply 2 days ago (too busy to come to the forum).
Although the one who reply me claimed that defected pipe has never happened before, he will replace/refund if there was any problem with the pipe.
Nothing to lose for me, right?

I have made a semi-custom order (change the stem and size).

Now I am waiting for the reply about the details.

Oct 15, 2013
I purchased two custom pipes from this store. At first, Ahmet (the owner) was very responsive. It has been about 6 months since I received the pipes and now one of them has developed very serious cracks, one vertical and one horizontal. I have been smoking meerschaum pipes for more than 30 years and this is the first time I've experienced this kind of problem. Realizing these pipes are clay, I am always very careful with them. I've attempted to contact him three times in the last few weeks and he has still not responded. He claims to have a full lifetime guarantee on his work so I'm hoping he will eventually contact me. So far, my unhappiness with his silence is only growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.