PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jobacco

Lurker
Apr 3, 2012
I recently got into pipe smoking, being a cigarettes smoker, i can say the pipe tobacco taste a lot better than any cigarettes i ever smoked.

But sometimes like when im at work or when i just dont have the time for pipe i smoke cigarettes.

Let's say i keep the pipe for the good times.

Anyone else doing the same thing?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I quit cigs about a year and a half ago, but I love the idea of rolling up some pipe tobacco in a cig and puffing on it.
I'm interested in how it would change the flavor. I've yet to do it but it's in my future plans lol
And then what if I wrapped pipe tobacco into a hand-rolled cigar-like creature?!?!

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I personally never smoked cigarettes regularly but my roommates do. It is quicker and easier to do so I do see the appeal. I guess I'm just not addicted enough to the nicotine to need to smoke a cigarette on my breaks.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I still smoke cigs on occasion for the quick breaks. I have been trying to kick the happit for a few years. My wife has gotten it in her head that if I can switch to a pipe all the way that I should be able to quit smoking all together. I don't think I can let go of the briar. Its so relaxing. And yes I have explained to her that pipe smokers live longer than most non smokers and even that I don't inhale much, if at all, when smoking a pipe. She will probably never understand, she couldn't understand what it was like to be on a 2 pack a day habbit either.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
I still smoke cigs and enjoy my pipes,being a bricklayer i can't be screwing around with a pipe while i'm working.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I said goodbye to cigarettes about five years ago.
I bought a pack and thought better of buying a 2nd one about two years ago, and I still don't miss them.
I'm a big guy so I value my pink lungs.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I'm still a cigarette smoker. I've tried to kick them many times, pipes are so much better. But, so far something always comes up that gets me back on the cigs. One of these days I'll try again.

scottyb

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2012
Yup. Tried to quit many times. Picking up the pipe helped, but I can't do it at work and working 12 hour shifts the need for nic gets awful bad. Off days no problem with just the pipe.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Quit cigs over 20 years ago. Was smoking a cigar once and a while when the mood struck me. Never really fell in love with cigars and kind of drifted away from them. Now I only smoke pipes and use nasal snuff when I want nic but cant smoke. I really love nasal snuff! Wilsons of Sharrow Honey Menthol is my go to, but have some others that have a big nic hit I like to use before work or bed.

thbg

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2011
I smoke exactly two Nat Sherman MCD's every day, Monday-Friday, at work. I smoke a pipe at home and in my leisure. I enjoy pipe so much better, but the MCD's do the trick when I don't have the time to relax and enjoy.
I would suggest to you, or anyone, to drop the commercial cigarettes (marlboro, camel, newport, etc.) if you want to control your smoking of cigarettes. Cheers.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
There are some high power snuffs you can get for cheap flyfishing. I buy in a 25 G. tin for$3.50 or less, and fill a pocket tap tin from that. 25 G. is a lot and lasts a good long time. Any one thinking of cutting back on nails might think of snuff? It takes the edge off the urge to light up. May not be for every one but I sure find it handy with all the anti smoking we have to deal with.
I plan to see the Hunger Games Friday and I will snuff during the movie. Cant smoke in the theater but I can enjoy snuff as much as I like. :)

russ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2012
I make my own cigarettes for my fiance and me. I have our cost down to $7.43 a carton. She smokes menthol and I smoke reg. I am a glazier so its hard for me to smoke a pipe while I work, but today I had a long drive out to a job and the same long drive home, so I go the chance to smoke 2 bowls this afternoon while I was driving.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I quit the cigs 20 years ago. I had a horrible 10 year fight with smokeless before I finally quit that. The pipe is only thing I've been able to enjoy and at the same time control the addiction. With the pipe I can feel the effect of nicotine and maintain a balance without becoming a slave to it.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I smoke pipes all the time except at work. Nasal snuff at work, works for the nic hit, and it can be very pleasant.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I too use cig's when there isn't time for a pipe. i roll my own normally with Prince Albert or Cherokee Turkish blend. I enjoy a pipe more but a good roll your own has it's place.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Took me a longggggg time mate to give up the cigs. I was 30 cig smoker with the pipe thrown in there for 16 yrs. I gave up the cigs a yr ago and glad of it. But it is a difficult transition. I found the pipe just wasn't enough. Only prob is; I inhale most of my pipe smoke

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Spartan

I have rolled pipe tobacco before it dont change the tast that much the biggest difference is draw.

as for cigs yeah when I am out and about its not possable to do the pipe thing I grab a pack.

as a cig smoker I found that the Vaper blend I like dose well with some roll your own tobacco mixed in when I need that heavy nic hit.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I haven't had a cigarette in over a month now, and don't really miss them. One thing about it, the pipe tastes even better now. I do still smoke a few cigars, and I snuff at work, and smoke my pipe at lunch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.