PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
After reading through the thread Peck started on Cornell and Diehl's overly diverse product line of tobaccos, I thought I would try some of C&D's more unique offerings.
I just had my first taste of Billy Budd and I have to say it was fantastic! Strong Latakia flavor with added richness from the Maduro cigar leaf. I smoked one bowl in a large Peterson House Pipe and once finished was compelled to promptly smoke another! This is great and intend to stock up. It is everything I had hoped it would be.
I have also ordered some Pirate Kake and some Three Friars due to arrive Wednesday. I intend to order some Star of the East and Atlas Balkan as I understand these have quite a bit of Latakia, which I simply love. But I am ordering some more Billy Budd for sure, and at ~ $32 per pound it seems like I have found a real winner (for me, at least).
I will also get some G. L. Pease Key Largo, as I understand it is similar to Billy Budd, though some say even better (at twice the price, I would expect so).

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I have yet to smoke something from them that wasn't quality! Even the blend I tried and didn't care for (crooner) was a top quality blend and made a great gift to a friend who loves it. Great products all around...

Mar 31, 2014
YES!!! It's definitely in my top 3, though I'm not quite sure where it lands. I just got some super fresh BB from P&C, which needs to simmer down a bit so all of its flavors can come through. Gets better every month. Robust, flavorful, diverse...each sip is different than the last. And I love the nicotine kick. Goes great with an old vine, red zinfandel (what doesn't?), which also cleanses my palate nicely for each new puff.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I love it with a year of age on it, it mellows out the burley but keeps the maduro flavor. Still not an everyday smoke for me but I do enjoy it alot. It does give me the niccups.

Jul 15, 2011
Billy Budd on a cold winter night in a big pipe after a nice big helping of hot beef stew.
8O
Does life get any better? I submit that it does not.

dirtydex

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2011
It is truly a fantastic blend. I haven't had it in a bit, but this thread will change that in a hurry.

Another of my C&D favorites is Poplar Camp. It's only available in bulk, so your stuck going to Smokingpipes for it, but it tastes exactly like Haddos Delight to me, except with more strength. If I am not mistaken, it seems that I had read that Pease had a hand in it's development. But, my first bowl of it brought me to my knees with the spins. I was in the heat working in the garden, and thought I was going to die, lol. Good stuff. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.