PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Speaking of nasty cups laying around, any dipper can tell you the story of the time he had a drink cup and a spit cup and he accidentally..............
That is so true. Not a tasty experience.
Also, I spilled it on my wife ONCE! That did not go too well. :laughat:

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
My Great Grandfather started me chewing Levi Garrett when I was five years old. He said, "Here boy, this will get the worms out of you". I remember getting sick but liked the buzz. I would walk out to his house everyday during the summer to get a chew. He'd give me some and put me to work cleaning a gully with a bush axe. He didn't believe in sitting around. A few times around my 14th or 15th birthday I talked my mom into buying me a pouch.

texasjo

Lurker
Sep 21, 2013
Smoking a pipe is my reward for quitting snuff! I have always wanted to try a pipe but with me already dipping the Mrs. wasn't to keen on me starting another nicotine habit. I finally got her support by promising to quit dipping before I got a pipe.
I was up to about 3/4 a can of grizzly a day and quit cold turkey. After a painful 3 weeks I got the go ahead to go buy a pipe. I still get strong nicotine urges throughout the day but it is getting easier. The two bowls a day I smoke are not providing nearly the same amount of nicotine I'm used to and I still miss having a dip in at all times but I am enjoying my pipe much more. Not having heart-burn all the time is pretty nice too.

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Only when I can't smoke, which is rare now. Pipes deliver plenty of juice and nic for me. Especially dark fired tabac. Plenty of Redman under my belt though.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
It's interesting that some of you guys mentioned heart burn. I'll occasionally dip Copenhagen or Skoal mint (blue). But any kind of wintergreen dip gives me heartburn. No matter the brand. Something in that flavoring just doesn't agree with me. I guess I'm not the only one.

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
Up until about six months ago I used to dip Skoal long cut wintergreen, now I smoke a pipe, much better! I used to get heartburn from the wintergreen as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.