PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
So my father had a pile of jewelry he was just about to throw out. Many items being broken gold pieces that he thought was trash. Among the pile was this watch, anyone know what model this is? My guess is from the early 90’s. Has “diamonds” (prob quartz) on the face. The band is in pretty rough shape from being worn. Any info helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: JOHN72

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Look for a reference number, should be on the back or pop the case cover off it will be on the inside of it.
follow that up with a search of CTNY plus the reference number. That should give you the model.
Or the model name or number itself might be stamped there as well.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
You might be able to sell/trade in the broken gold jewelry for the gold content.
I would put my life on it that there's no actual gold content in that watch, as for the other stuff we can't see it so hard to say.

Looks to be the sort of watch they used to give away for free here at petrol stations.

Keep digging Skeeter, you might yet find your fortune.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: RobNYC and Zero

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
Look for a reference number, should be on the back or pop the case cover off it will be on the inside of it.
follow that up with a search of CTNY plus the reference number. That should give you the model.
Or the model name or number itself might be stamped there as well.
Thanks! That was what I was looking for!