PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Pennsylvania is heaven on earth

A couple of years ago, I was sent to NYC to make some feature photos of a cop who had done some pretty outstanding things in his career. He was a tough guy, and not too conversational. Now, I like to get my subjects a little relaxed and chatting before I start making pictures, so I asked him where he lived, where he grew up etc etc, and he asks me, kind of retaliatory, where I lived. I told him Pennsylvania. He damn near melted right there "Oh, man, that's where I want to move. I want to retire there. I want to retire tomorrow and move to Pennsylvania!" Why?, I asked "There's too many cops here!" he said, "I want to move where they don't need cops and I can just walk in to a store and buy as many guns as I want to. And it's beautiful there, too. I want to move off in the woods outside Scranton."
Or, as a friend said to me on the drive back from New Jersey one day "Just get me back to a state that doesn't suck".

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
West Chester, but I've been faithfully attending the Morley's meetings in downtown Philly. Lately I've gone up to the fine new bunch at The Wooden Match in Bethlehem.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.