PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Hi All, I just picked up a large lot of pipes, racks, tools, and a really cool wall mount cabinet. In the pictures they posted, there was an old tin of Mac Baren Scottish Mixture. Price tag on it is $4.50 for a 100g tin, so must be really old. I figured it would be empty, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it’s completely sealed. Anyone have any idea how to age identify this? Never smoked this blend before, so no I have to decide to keep and smoke or sell to someone who may appreciate it more than me.

IMG_6175.jpegIMG_6176.jpeg

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Tried looking up the potential age of that tin. It’s likely mid 1980s...maybe older. If the tin is intact, you’re in for a treat with all the fermentation of approximately 40 years or more …WOW 🤩…enjoy it and let us know your thoughts. 👍☕
@JimInks said the same thing. He said because it’s weighed in grams it’s likely late 70’s or 80’s. Not sure if he’s considering the fact it was likely purchased in Canada and we began transitioning to the metric system in the early 70’s. I’ll post some pictures when I pop it open.