PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I got the Covid a second time. Very different. Sucked in a totally different way this time. Hit me more in my digestion then my respiratory system. Which it hit that but not too badly. I have been on a diet of toast and light soup.
I haven't smoked a pipe in over a week and man I look forward to the next pipe I smoke. Any day now :).
Isn't that first pipe when you waited longer just extra great?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Well the most annoying part of it is how slowly it gets better. With a flu if I felt as much better as I did on the third day, I'd be all better now. But the last three days (today included) have been this I feel on the verge of being well again.
But isn't that first pipe after something forces you to either stop or makes it not worth while, just an amazing smoke. It's the kind of smoke that makes you think of just sitting on a log and smoke one pipe right after the other.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Sorry to hear this.

I'm supposed to avoid tobacco for medical reasons too, for a season, but I caved and had a bowl of Capstan Blue last week (after a few weeks without tobacco) and it tasted only about 27x better than usual ;-)

Get better. You'll be back to it in no time. Relish that first bowl!
I will do both. Get better and enjoy my next pipe.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I got the Covid a second time. Very different. Sucked in a totally different way this time. Hit me more in my digestion then my respiratory system. Which it hit that but not too badly. I have been on a diet of toast and light soup.
I haven't smoked a pipe in over a week and man I look forward to the next pipe I smoke. Any day now :).
Isn't that first pipe when you waited longer just extra great?
Sorry to hear.
Hope you get well soon.
And recovered enough to have a great Christmas. ☃🎁

I know that feeling well, as I don't smoke at all if I'm unwell

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People think it's over so it keeps getting passed around. Folks are just so tired of worrying about it. I hope this case wraps up and leaves you alone. You'd think immunity would lock in at some point, but people who've been vaccinated and boosted still get it, and get it again. As long as they get over it.

I think you're smart not to smoke. You need those capillaries to remain open; supposedly nicotine restricts those.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
People think it's over so it keeps getting passed around. Folks are just so tired of worrying about it. I hope this case wraps up and leaves you alone. You'd think immunity would lock in at some point, but people who've been vaccinated and boosted still get it, and get it again. As long as they get over it.

I think you're smart not to smoke. You need those capillaries to remain open; supposedly nicotine restricts those.
as weird as it sounds this time more painful but even at the start I could feel how passing it is. How non lingering it will be.
I don't smoke if I can't enjoy it. And right now is the first time pipes are sounding like a nice thing to enjoy. Though haven't lost any sense of taste but today I am actually eating without massive discomfort. So on the mend.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I hope you are better soon. COVID is the nasty little virus that keeps on giving. I hope your taste buds will enjoy the first pipe. Do you feel tired and wore out with this second batch of COVID? My best wishes for a full and quick recovery.

Reactions: TheWhale13

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Feel better soon. I had some of the digestive issues when I had COVID. I hope yours are resolved quickly. Glad you didn’t lose your sense of taste or smell this time. Enjoy the first bowl when you are able to return to the pipe.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
feeling better. I was actually shocked to get my energy back. Though my digestion is still waking up. Not really eating for over a week will shrink your stomach. Though still haven't gotten that pipe in. It's just too cold to go out without it being necessary.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
oh that was some good Yorktown. It was such an extra treat. Even if outside sucks. Well not too bad when the wind wasn't blowing and when there wasn't a patch of ice. Though some random persons seemed really happy to see someone smoking a pipe got two big smiles that said that's awesome. Some random lady and a guy in a work truck (had the company logo on the side). Though would have gone right back in if I didn't have the pipe. But it was that kind of smoke that ended way too soon (I smoked a bit faster then usual, no bite but flavor did go down once or twice.) But it smoked almost like candy sweet to me and had moments of reminding me of great raisin bread.