PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This can all be summed up in two words: Political Correctness.
It can also be summed up in FB CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s own words...according to him, people who trust him are “dumb fucks”.
Since the comment was made public, he claims to regret saying it of course.
Can be easily located in the below article...just scroll down until you see the IM quotes.
The Face of Facebook
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/09/20/100920fa_fact_vargas?currentPage=all

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Want nothing to do with it. Frankly, could give a shit less about the drivel...

wahoo92

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
Funny thing is, my teenagers don't even think Facebook is cool anymore. It's all about Twitter and Instagram. I have become a big fan of Twitter for staying connected to the people and organizations I care about. I don't even "tweet" much myself -- I primarily like the newsfeed aspect. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking to publicize an event like a pipe show or provide updates on an event.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Well I just got back from the Music City Pipe Show in Nashville. Met a lot of really cool people, drooled over a lot of pretty pipes, and sampled some fine tobaccos. I also learned that YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram are where it is at to connect with pipe people, most especially true of YouTube. Looks like I need to get hot on making a Chattanooga Pipe club YouTube channel.... Sigh...

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I have never been on Twitter in my whole life...I'm not really sure I know what it's for, and I'm not anxious to find out. I guess I've become something of a fossil.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
"Being told what's acceptable and what's not." Well, it is their site and they would be the ones liable for any lawsuits. I can understand the site being apprehensive about some things. The strange thing though is that you said you set it up for 18+ and most places around the globe that's the legal age to smoke.
I mostly use Facebook as a way to stay up on my favorite brands, musicians, and sports teams. It's nice getting notices of new products, discounts, and concert or album release dates. I also play a few games on there, yes I've been playing Candy Crush for almost a year now lol, and do use it to chat and share photos with friends and family who are scattered all over the country.
I've never understood Twitter. Limiting one to 150 characters. Doesn't make sense to me. I do have an account, but like Facebook it's mostly to follow sports teams or stores I like for new products or deals being run. I hardly ever tweet. I do love my handle though, an old high school nickname hoctorthelovedr .
Youtube is definitely where it's at as far as the pipe world goes. There are a number of pipe channels with over 500 followers. A lot of information on what's new, what's trending, and events.

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
I found Facebook to be a big time-waster. I'm really not interested in reading about casual acquaintances' every belch and sneeze, which they seem to feel obliged to post on FB. I doubt that they were any more interested in the trivialities of my life than I was in theirs. Special-interest forums like this one are a much more rewarding place to spend one's online time. You meet an interesting assortment of people who share common interests, and you can actually learn something too.

blackbeard82

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2013
I don't do social media for many reasons one being I have a security clearance but no FB here

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Facebook? What is this Facebook you speak of? Heck, I haven't logged into my Facebook account for over 2 years. Makes me wonder why I haven't deleted my account. I didn't use the darn thing when I signed up for it either.
That's pretty retarded of them to do that to.

Status
Not open for further replies.