PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
C'mon, can't one of you storm off in a huff?
11450707111143-vi.jpg
I've been cellaring the classic Anniversary Kake for a while now, and it does keep getting better. Good all by itself, or as a base for blending. Add some Latakia and you have a whole 'nuther blend. If you like Anniversary Kake, I strongly suggest putting away a pound or more. If you've bought a pound and find it's not to your liking, please PM me for my address.

I, too, am in the "cellaring away pounds" camp. Great stuff. It is amazing how the type of Virginia can change the way perique plays in the mix by some alchemy of the Virginia and by the amount of perique.

I remember first looking through the H&H VaPer selections and telling myself that there must not be much difference between all of the different blends offered, but nay, I quickly learned a few things after trying several of their selections.

Annie Cake is by far the sweetest of these selections, and I would swear that sometimes, I can taste cinnamon rolls baking in this blend.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
The immense number of quality tobaccos presents a dilemma. I read a thread like this and find it hard to resist ordering and trying the blend. I have a couple of dozen open tins, mostly stored in small plastic food bail jars.
I have to wonder if we're not living in the Golden Age of tobaccos. Think I'll start a thread posing that question.
Pax

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Just looked at P&C, and they show 8oz tins of AK on backorder, which for some reason are cheaper than the bulk. I'd bet that will change soon.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
My TAD order arrived today which includes a tin of Anni Kake. I already have several other blends on the go so I'm gonna wait a little while before cracking this one open...not too long though. :puffy:

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
This was one of the first tobaccos that sometimes during the day I would think about the taste and couldn't wait for the evening to sit down and relax and enjoy it.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Anni Kake is awesome. I have 4 oz plain and the other 4 oz mixed in with 4 oz of 1 Q. I love it! For the past few weeks, I've been reaching for the 50/50 Anni/1Q mixture a lot. I hope it is not blasphemy but I just love it. A forum member gave me 2 year old Anni Kake a little while back. Super awesome! I still remember how it tasted in my meer. It was heavenly.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Suggestion on reviews ... start out with a brief sentence stating whose blend it is and what are the constituent tobaccos. With about two thousand (or more?) blends out there, even those with a good grasp of the market may not recall this particular one. cosmic' finally clarified it, but otherwise anyone not familiar with Anni Kake has to go to the site to get the scoop. Just a suggestion.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I'm working through my first tin, and I'm really enjoying it. It's the rare blend that is very rich, but not overly strong (I'd rate it medium in strength). Also, the perique is fruity not spicy, which I really like next to the very sweet Virginias. Ill definitely be getting some to age. That being said, full marks from me on a fresh tin.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Quick question: Are the style of tins the same as the 2 ounce tins by C&d and GLP?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Lordofthepiperings: you are in for a real treat. Of course, I say that as I have several pounds of AK cellared. It never gets boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.