PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealdone

Lurker
Jan 16, 2012
If anyone is from the Annapolis area, have you tried any of The Smokeshop's blends? Right now I'm hooked on a couple of the aromatics. Billy Budd has this really nice vanilla tint to it, really nice and smooth while Black Pearl is more earthy, kind of tastes like raisins first enough, (might just be me). Any one else have any ideas about it?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I have smoked only two of The Smoke Shop's blends, Shetland and Trafalgar.
Shetland is a light aromatic with Vanilla and Cognac.
Trafalgar is a medium Latakia blend.
Both are good blends and I like them quite a bit. Pete is a great guy and The Smoke Shop is a great B&M.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
@Bob: Haven't seen your smiling face around here in quite a while, welcome back.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My wife works in Annapolis, during the legislative session. A few weeks ago, she picked up a few ounces of the Smoke Shops English #2 for me, it is a really nice, mild English. I've never been in the shop, but hope to remedy that soon, when we take a weekend trip down to Annapolis. Faders also opened a shop (well, bought back an old shop) in the Annapolis Shopping center. I just bought a few ounces of King Eider on Monday. Wow, that is really an excellent mild English blend. I'm a huge fan of Boswells "Magnum" but King Eider just might replace that blend.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Al
I picked up some King Eider when I was at their Towson shop over the summer and agree with you... A definite winner!!

therealdone

Lurker
Jan 16, 2012
Got to be honest, still haven't made the step to the traditional English blends but that Shetland sounds like a definite next buy. I'll have to check out the one in the shopping center though, never heard of that one before.
The guys in the shop are awesome though. My friends and I walked in completely new to the pipe trade and walked out with a wealth of knowledge beyond the casual observer. We're planning on making it our second home

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We're in Annapolis this weekend. I stopped by The Smoke Shop for some tobacco. Frances was there ans recommended "Imperial Dubec". Wow, this stuff is great, a mild English similar to King Eider or Boswells Magnum, an all day smoke. We started talking about British pipes and soon enouhgh, Frances showed me all of his British pipes, Blue Riband, etc. What a fine gentleman and a wonderful collection. I'll definitely need to keep this blend in my supply. I'd love to live closer to this fine shop.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I picked up some King Eider when I was at their Towson shop over the summer and agree with you... A definite winner!!
Rick you are confusing two different shops. King Eider is a Fader's blend. They have locations in Towson and Annapolis. The Annapolis Smoke Shop referred to here is a different outfit altogether.

thbg

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2011
I was gifted some "Dover" from the SmokeShop in Annapolis. It is a medium strength matured virginia blend with perique in it. It's pretty good. It has a great natural sweet smell to it and is very tangy. It is all natural/ no toppings, etc. . It is a ribbon cut so it loads up and burns fairly easy. It is a good every-now-and-again smoke for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.